Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pirate parties, soccer, football, and one old lady
















I have some serious catching up to do. I haven't blogged about Sierra's fantabulous Pirate sleepover party. The end of Sammi's soccer season, or about Jackson's football season. Oh yeah, the old lady is me...I'm old 38 years old I feel it too, such a shame. Sierra's party was fun, treasure hunts, food, games, and lot's of giggly girlies! Sammi's soccer team finished up last Wed. Oct. 8th and we had her team and their families over for a barbeque afterwards, I love living close to the school. HONESTLY I really do like being able to host things like this. Jackson has one more week of Football, he finishes on a Wednesday and basketball starts on the next Monday. Who needs more than four days off (me for one)? I knew that as my kids got older that I would get busier just attending their functions but I didn't anticipate how that would often pull our family in different directions. I guess because Sammi and Jackson are only a year apart in school this is exasperated somewhat. For example gymnastics for Zoe and Sierra are on the same day as Sammi's soccer. Sammi's last soccer game and team party was the same night as Jackson's court of honor for scouts and so on and so on..... Good thing five kids have accustomed Michael and I to just waving at each other in passing. The Mom and Dad of this crazy crew are looking forward to October 30th when we head off to another blessed Irrigation Association Show--I love those sprinkler geeks!

12 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the sprinkler geeks too. I get to see my sister more. Loved the pirate girls! Way to go Sammi and Jax on your various sports, scouting and general drive-your-parents-crazy achievments.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Becky,
Can't believe you are 38. Does that make me over 40? Love the pirate theme for the ? time!! She needs to read some Kathleen Woodwiss books of pirates and the womem they steal away! J/K Maybe in a few years! A little racey for a 8 year-old!! Maybe you should read them and then you and Michael could do more that wave at each other........... Happy (late) Birthday! I should know when my favorite neice has a B'Day. Love you lots. Auntie D

Katie said...

Wow! Now I'm rethinking why I've had mine close together...yikes, what I have to look forward to! You are one busy lady...Happy Birthday too :) You forgot to mention that on top of all of this, you take on those crazy preschoolers twice a week! Time flies when you're having fun, right?!?
Love,
Katie

Shannon said...

I have been thinking the same thing lately - and I know it is only going to get worse. I swear I was zipping around to more places yesterday afternoon than I thought humanly possible. Parent teacher conference, tumbling class, dentist appt., halloween party, etc. Once school gets out for the day I give up all hope I will get anything done for myself!

I wish your sprinkler party was in Phoenix. I can't wait two more years!!

Miller Family said...

Oh Becky, you crack me up. You are Super Mom! and you make it look easy. Sprinkler geeks? Do take pictures.
Happy Belated Birthday. The basketball girls need to have a monthly lunch to celebrate all our birthdays. We deserve it!

Louise said...

Happy birthdays, happy end of fall sports and happy sprinkler geeks convention. Enjoy!!!

Worsham Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! I am so glad you took the time out of your crazy schedule to update us. I have been wondering what you have been up to :) Love Shelli

melanie said...

Man, my mom sure knows how to leave a random comment. Good for a laugh that's for sure.

Happy Birthday from your cousin that remembers little!!

A sprinkler geek getaway sounds perfect!

Shaina and Cody said...

becky-
your life looks wonderful!!!! i am sorry that i didn't get to see you more when i was in royal!!1 i don't know where the time is going..seriously!! i love you though and your family!!
love shaina

The Woffindens said...

So cute!! They are all getting so big! Married life is great, thanks!!

Granny DeeAnn said...

The Pirate Primer: Mastering the Language of Swashbucklers & Rogues
by George Choundas

Have you read this one Becky or Sierra?

Becky Noftle said...

Never read it -- I need a good book for the sprinkler conference, I'll check it out.