Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Working on my Nagging badge....

Jackson is working on getting his Eagle Scout and as a result I am apparently working on my nagging badge. Here is a "small sample" of the nags I have employed in my desperate attempt for a nagging badge... Have you called Farrah?--How many people are coming on your work day?--Do you need to call the scouts and remind them?---What scouts did you get a hold of?--Do we owe Brandon anything for using his boom truck?--Do you know or are you guessing that?--What web sites did you got to for Chimney stones?--Did Grandpa say 16 x16 or 16 x 8 it makes a difference you know...--How are you getting water for the motar?--What time does Grandpa need you?--Did you check Western materials for chimney stones?--What supplies do you need for this saturday?-- Did you record the number of people and hours yet?--How much is the grant from SHOC?--What is the city expecting to pay?--And the nagging goes on and on, really the only way I won't get my nagging badge is if they brick me in the new sign!  I could do quite a long post on my true scout feelings, but I will resist, I'm afraid they wouldn't give me the nagging badge if I open that can of worms.  Things have been crazy around here, I subbed 5 days last week and 3 days this week, I have three days next week too---the house looks and feels fairly neglected.  Zoe and Carter are in soccer, and I am coaching Zoe's team (I wonder if they have an inept coaching badge?)  Sammi is in Softball and we enjoyed 30 mph winds yesterday at her first game--good times!  On the bright side her game in Warden was over run with squirrel type thingy's and the 3 youngest spent the whole game with the Chief of Police's 3 youngest trying to commit a Federal crime by intending to capture and harm the weird rodent creatures.  Another bonus of the Warden game was that because we left straight from Warden to go to Moses Lake for violin/piano lessons I didn't have to do any housework.  I left the house at 7:45 am and got home at 9:00pm.  Nothing like avoiding the mess if you can.
Front & back of the old Royal City sign.
The brains behind this fiasco eagle project, Grandpa Kent and Brandon Jenks.
Good turn out scouts---yes, that adds up the hours quickly!
Reading play in Kindergarten, seriously the best play I've been too in ages.
Some Kindergarten smarty is in 1st grade read well now!
8th grade history wax museum.  Ever heard of Bonnie Guitar?  If not ask Sammi and Bailey they can tell you all you need to know.
Green soccer team won every game--not coached by moi.  Carter had 3 goals in  games.
Blue soccer team lost every game---coached by moi, could there be a correlation?
Sammi hitting--sorry about the fence, I would have had to WALK to get a clear shot.
Second base wonder--Sammi Noftle.
Sierra and Zoe April students of the month.  And not to brag or anything, but Sierra also got an award for making the 100 point AR club. 

5 comments:

Beverley said...

yes you win the nagging badge but what mother hasn't? I love the pics of all the kids, love Zoe's face at the awards, love ya, hang in there it will get calmer I hope. luv Beve

Louise said...

Michael should be grateful that there are 5 other people living in your house for you to nag. Your Dad is my only victim, I think he gets a little weary of it sometimes. Great pictures, beautiful kids! I just noticed the flags in the background in the next to last picture, right behind Sammi, typical for April in Royal City!!

Heather said...

Congrats to Jax! I will award you a nagging award if no one else does. Sounds like you deserve it. Someday Jax will thank you for all that nagging :) Love you guys!

Holly said...

I wouldn't call that nagging...just simply guiding him, right? Heather is right, some day he will thank you for all that gentle "guiding"! Way to go on all your sports and academics kids! You rock! We sure do love and miss you!

Brenda said...

Janet has her three boy's Eagle Scout certificates framed and hung on her office wall. She's not ready to give them to her sons. She says SHE earned them. But it looks like you're doing something right with your brood. Eagle scout, softball star, students of the month and a Kinder reading past a 1st grade level. Now I'm mad at you for making the rest of us look bad. See you in 15 1/2 days!