Monday, July 21, 2008

Park City Palooza, or Crazy People On The Loose















































































What does trebuchet font look like---this apparently--wow I did some computer thingy on my own. Anyways, I don't feel well but I can't sleep at night knowing that my devoted readers are missing crucial information about me and mine. Plus a certain sister has claimed the bragging rights of 1st to blog about the reunion and I am so ashamed, sigh. Well folks here we go...., we left Saturday the 5th of July and drove to Boise to annoy our good friends the Anderson's (I know weird in a cool way huh!!).

Then we drove to Salt Lake City and promptly got in a huge traffic jam which made us late to my Cousin Greg's house. But no worries we were just bringing the APPETIZERS! When we finally got there it was great. Greg was the host with most and Brooke was too kind to let Noftle's, Wades, and Bergholms invade when she was only contractually obligated to allow the Cammacks' in! 10 adults,16.5 children, and a cool mattress in the basement which doubles as the best slide Zoe has EVER ridden down! We threw a few family skeletons around and watched Brett drool over Brookes cool artichoke decorations. You can always dream Brett! And although it is against my religion to post pictures of myself I had to post the one of the original "Chaos Causing Cousin Crew". Holly, Becky, Shannon,Heather, and Greg, minus about 17 of our other cousins!

Then it was on to Highland, Utah for some Noftle family fun. We went with Michael's family boating,(Carter, Zoe, and Jax all fell asleep on one of their tube rides!) on a ride in Grandpa Fred's new "Ranger" toy, and stayed at Billy and Mandy's fabulous new home that Zoe wants our house to "turn into". She actually has said that a few times, "I hope when I wake up our house is turned into little Billy's house"! Keep hoping Zoe, that would thrill me too! I got to go Sister-in-law wedding shirts shopping, I knew that secretly all these years Sarah has wanted to dress like me and that this is her plan come to fruition! Just you wait Marcie, when the wedding reception comes Sarah and I will have worked out a fabulous synchronized dance routine to do justice to our matchy shirt outfits!!! The girls and I also got to attend Marcie's bridal shower which was a treat for us out-of-towners. I've decided I need another bridal shower, my stuff is looking 15 years old.

Then it was time for Michael to start his Irrigation Association Certification Board Meetings or the Holy crap that is one long Name for such a boring organization meetings. We checked into the "Hotel Park City" and I never wanted to leave. Michael had to pry me out the room on the last day. The whole place was gorgeous and our room, not to brag or anything, had 3 fireplaces, and our own hot tub! Heaven. The kids and I swam and swam and then swam. The pool was sooo warm that even Jax could stay in for hours at a time. Saturday Michaels' meetings ended, and the Andersen family reunion officially began!! A wuhooo! Talk about your kids, they were everywhere, in my car, my hotel, my pool, my vacation, my hair, my lap, my food EVERYWHERE. I had to keep up an internal dialogue a lot!! Here is a sample of my "inner conversations" Becky remember how much fun you had as a kid with your cousins, Becky remember you are doing this to help them know their Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and make them feel closer to all of them. Becky you don't need sleep, your a mother for hecks sake suck it up man, and take one for the team, do it for the Gipper, or for flipper, or maybe Free Willy, yeah whales hate it when people sleep do it for the whales. See my logic got a little off after several nights of Farley family fun. We spent a couple of days at Olympic Park, watching the skiiers jump and do their "stuff" and land in the practice pools at the end of the jump ramps. The kids and most all other adults who aren't deathly afraid of heights ( Me & Holly) rode ski lifts to do the Ziplines(Holly did do that but it was just to make me look bad so I don't really count it) and Quicksilver slide. Carter could have gone up and down all day, however to afford that we would have had to sell him, so kind of a catch 22 there! I wish I had a close up of the kids shirts. Mom got them shirts that say "Team Andersen" on the front and then on the back it says "Chaos Causing Cousin Crew" and lists all the grandkids names. This confused Braxton a little, every shirt he saw had HIS name on it and therefore should be his! How can you fault logic like that? Makes perfect sense to me. We had fun, we laughed, cried (mainly the adults from lack of sleep) we shared, (germs mostly), all in all a great time was had. I am looking forward to November, Courtney is promising laminated posters with color coded schedules to keep us all in line. (I promise to post pictures of her rocking in the corner mumbling nonsense words when we get out of line like you know we will!) She complains about being the only sister-in-law but I mean really, Dad likes her best so what is she whining about?!










13 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Becky you are crazy. I think you could be the next Erma Bombeck! I could say Rosanne Barr but you're not Jewish. I could say Whoopie Golberg but.......... You understand! Loved, loved, loved your post! The pictures were great. I can't believe how everyone is changing, including your dad! Hope to see you in WA. You could always meet me out in Mattawa at Grandma's house. (tee, hee) AD

Granny DeeAnn said...

Oh and I can't believe the baby blogger beat you to the punch!

Heather said...

I she calling me the baby blogger? I don't get it. I'm sitting here at the computer laughing so hard tears are falling. Such a funny post. I'm glad I wasn't the only one having those "inner thoughts". Love you guys and miss you already. Has Courtney recovered?

melanie said...

I feel like Courtney when we're with Milo's family. And Heidi might feel that way when she's with us! Hope Courtney has some memory loss by November!

This post is hilarious. I'm so glad you didn't feel well and took the time to write it. Love it! Such fabulous memories for you kids, even if you had to keep up the internal dialog. I'll have to remember that next time instead of the corner.

Holly said...

You tried to make me pee my pants didn't you jerk! That was the funniest post I have read in a while...all because it was soo dang true...all of it! I was especially cracking up at the internal thoughts...you stole those right out of my head. Was I thinking out loud all week? Well...it's pretty lonely here without the crew...miss you guys already! What is there left for me to write about this weeken? You and Heather got it covered beautifully!!

Louise said...

Holly- Most anything makes you pee your pants, but I won't go any further with that subject. Becky- Your inner thoughts are scary, mostly because apparently we were all thinking pretty much the same thing. I asked your Dad what he remembered about family gatherings as a child, he said the oldest grandchild there was instructed to take all the other grandkids to a movie in Moses while the adults played Pinochle all afternoon/evening. Why didn't we think of that, oh wait-our oldest is 12 and there are 15 younger ones- hard to fit them all into one car with all the seatbelt laws and everything, oh well. I still think all the stress and work is worth it in the end, but then, I'm half crazy to begin with. Now I'm headed off to weight watchers so I can stress out some more.

Heidi said...

Funny, funny, funny post!!! Your internal thoughts are hilarious and I love your wordage. :)The trip sounds and looks crazy, but also lots of fun. Thanks for the laugh!

Worsham Family said...

This was well worth the wait!!! I think you could have a career. I am glad you had a great "vacation" and we all missed you while you were gone. I think you should have an advice blog "Life according to Becky", you are so funny!
Shelli

KELLY said...

What fun! I love the pictures of all the kids! Can't imagine managing all of them. I think my brain would be fried! Wait...it is most days with just my own children.

Hope you're having a great summer!

Courtney said...

Alright already, I was a brat I know, I am not your dad favorite...he just tries to be nice to me because he cant yell at me or be mean to my face, who knows what he says behind my back, and thats ok I probably deserve it!

Shannon said...

Will you remember me when you are on the NY best seller list?

Were our family reunions that crazy back in the day? I think they only lasted one afternoon so that may make a difference. I have memories of long tables set up in Grandma's yard and baseball games on the other side of the house. And lots of dizziness from the tire swing.

I would buy you a gift for your 15 year Bridal Shower. Send me an invite.

Miller Family said...

Becky, You are an amazing writer. I felt like I was there with your great play by play commentary. your family definitely knows how to have fun. I also enjoyed your School's Out Poem. You really could go into business writing Hallmark cards like Shelli said. Michelle

KELLY said...

Okay...so we may have been a bit "short" on kids, by your standards, at our family reunion. But don't be fooled...all those old people are getting pretty grumpy. At least the kids only "grump" when they're hungry! :)

Sure...send some of your kids my way to prep. for number 3. No gaurantee the condition they'll come back in.