Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boren Blog


The preferred past time of Noftle and Boren children was riding Grandpa Kent's four wheeler, around the field of weeds in front of our house, around, and around and around about 6 hours a day. (I'm not sure- it could have been longer- you lose track and get dizzy after the first 4 hours) You might notice Jackson and Carter are not in any of the photos, Jackson was at Scout Camp the whole "week of the Boren's" and I'm not sure how I didn't document Carters involvment this week. I think I must still be carrying a grudge against him since he white out'ed(?) himself, Zoe, Zach, a preschool table and a baby doll while Shelley and I were at the Movies. Where were the Fathers when this took place, you might ask. Well --- I might answer, playing the Game Cube, like they did every spare moment of every day. So in reality it's probably my fault, I should have hired a sitter since the big girls were babysitting elsewhere!


Austin, the coolest quarterback in my kiddos memory, took these four lovely ladies out for a night on the town--they stayed out until midnight (actually I am taking Sammi and Riley's word for it, I was to bleary eyed when they got home to check my watch) which thrilled them all to no end. Austin is very wise, when he leaves in about one year for his mission he will have two 12 year olds, and 2 eight year old devoted letter writers. Here they are displaying their poster they made to thank him. He really showed them a good time.



We loved having the Boren's we fall right back into BFF status in about 5 seconds, even after years apart. To demonstrate our BFF'ness Sammi and Riley have created a "routine" Shelley and I are working on ours, maybe to be posted at a later date!

5 comments:

Louise said...

Fun times, great post. I can't wait to see you and Shelley's routine-it's going to be tough to beat Sammi and Riley's, that was really cute.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Waiting for that routine of you and Shelly. I will post one of me and Arlene from this afternoon!!!

Heather said...

Can't wait to see Auntie DeeAnn and Grandmas routine. We could post it on u-tube! Can't wait to see you guys again.

Shannon said...

Hey - my new visiting teacher's last name is Boren. What movie did you see? I keep hearing good things about Mamma Mia. I need to find a babysitter.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Still waiting!!!