Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fabulous Fourth


This year instead of starting the fourth of July at 7am at the church for the traditional flag raising ceremony we started our fourth at 6 am for the not so traditional selling burritos and soda's to the people working in Grandpa's orchard for cherry harvest! Actually I think Jax got up at 4:30 am to help Grandma and Grandpa get ready for the pickers....his mother did not get up and make him a nice breakfast to start his work day right.


Zoe looks cute and all, but I love this picture because of Mom and Courtney in the background. This just illistrates how we women are constantly entertaining or doing something for our children! Not to brag or anything but we women rock!!

Swimming at Allred's pond on the fourth.



Shaina playing games with all the kiddos on the fourth.



Kids and their friends ready for fireworks. I don't think Sammi even shed one tear this year over fireworks--knew she'd outgrow it someday, just didn't think it would take twelve years. I wonder if I gave her a choice of cleaning her room or watching five minutes of fireworks which one she would pick??




The Hostess with the Mostest Chriss---I would have snapped a picture of the Host with the Most except he was WAAAYYY over on the other side of the pond setting up his fabulous firework show and I hate to disturb his genius---oh and I hated the idea of walking around the pond too! Thank you, thank you Chriss and Jerry you win my vote for the best fourth of July party. Although I kind of miss the old day's when you would set trees on fire, that was blood pumping fun!



3 comments:

Brenda said...

Seriously, what fun is the fourth without someone's house being in serious danger of burning to the ground? I don't even think we lost a trampoline this year. Missed you this week and sorry about your stinky morning. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Holly said...

That singular mishap RUINED me! I am now a paranoid freak around fireworks. Therapy maybe? I am glad you had a great time this year, with NO fires!

Shaina and Cody said...

Becky, i love you and your family. I am thinking about you and praying for you..