Thursday, August 13, 2009

Enough all ready....

I have been waiting to post until my computer got back on line, it died back in July sometime. I think I can post from Michael's computer successfully, I don't know how to upload or download or reload photos on any computer but my own. Next disclaimer, I can only use this computer in the middle of the night when "somebody" ( Michael Anthony Noftle birthdate 12-08-70 height 6ft 1inch before and wife and kids beat him down) isn't slaving away making money for the family. Soooo finally the post you were wondering about.....July and 1/2 of August coming your way!
We spent 3 days in July at Seattle Children's hospital for Jackson. We took the whole family to make it more fun?? In reality Jackson went through a battery of un-fun tests and the kids had fun in the different play rooms for about the first 8 hours, after that even the cool play rooms at Children's got a little old. Then we went home cleaned up, packed up, got Sammi back from her first girls camp (it was da bomb just check her blog she'll tell ya---fancy computer gals would put a link to her blog here, but I can't remember her blog address, and remember I'm sticking with my computer challenged status) and out the door we went. We loaded up the golden terd (Jax and Sammi's new name for the Saturn minivan--it fits) oh, but only after getting a new rear window put in it, why did it need a new window you say, because I backed into the garage door I say---now you see why Michael has to work day and night. Day 1 of family fun included driving to Aunt Holly's house in Utah a 12 hour trip which the Noftle's turned into a 13 hour trip because they just can't seem to synchronize their rest stops. We visited their (Bergholm & Wade joint venture in pyromania Gpa Kent is so proud) firework stand and even set some off at 11pm. I wonder how Holly's neighbors really feel about her?! The next day we took the kids and some cousins, and some Aunts to the BYU bean museum. I won't tell you Jackson's favorite animal---and Sierra discovered she is FASCINATED by elephants, always fun when you see your kids beginning a new obsession that will get you through a few birthdays, and Christmas's. That night we drove up to Park City to stay in our hotel that would be home for the next couple of nights whilst Michael ,the overworked, underpaid hero, had Irrigation board meetings. Our room was a mere five hundred miles from the elevator so we got our walks in for the rest of the summer. They had a very big fun pool and 3 hot tubs so the kids and I got plenty of sun there. We also went to the Park City Outlets and finished everybody's school clothes shopping---PHEW I can now die happy. Sunday night at 5pm Michael finished his last meeting and we loaded the golden terd up to drive 9 hours to Parker, Arizona to Courtney's parents river house. Saw the lights of Vegas and we were amazed how the sky can't even get completely dark there, and we also comforted poor Sierra who got VERY carsick. Being the thoughtful guests that we are we arrived at the River House at 2 am Monday morning to find them all waiting for us. Courtney's family was so good to us, fed us, housed us, spoiled us, I give them 5 stars!! Monday Jackson turned 14 we had a little party thanks to the Schinnle's and took Jax para sailing, he must take after his father. I would rather eat a live bat than go that high in the air! Sierra did it too--apparently the rest of the kids take after me. We heard the reports of Jackson's tests on his birthday, and since the news wasn't good we decided to finish our family vacation and sink into the depths of despair later--good choice I think. It was 122 (or 123 there was debate) degrees at the river house that day, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot. Carter and Zoe were so confused as to why they felt like they couldn't breathe outside! We boated, wave runnered(?), swam, and played with the cousins, so fun. Wednesday morning we left at 5am to head to the Grand Canyon. We took a train from Williams Arizona up to the Grand Canyon then took a motor coach tour around the rim. Walked way too far for a lunch that Miss. Hannigan wouldn't feed little orphan Annie, and then caught the train back out to Williams. The kids were amazed by the Grand Canyon. Michael and I were amazed they let kids at the Grand Canyon. Talk about the worst baby proofing ever!!! We were holding the kids hands so tight some of them might lose fingers. My cousin Shannon (aka scuzin) and her kiddos were waiting for us when we got off the train. Ahhhhh bliss!! Shannon and I are only 6 months apart, doesn't matter who's older, and we spent two weeks together every summer in the "green" vanity room at our Grandma Bishops while we took swimming lessons. We also lived together at BYU for 18 months or so. The kids were a little shy at first but they recognized they were kindred spirits before long and told all the tall tales that new cousins need to hear. After spending the night in Williams we headed out to Aunt Brenda's house a mere 6 hours down the road to Los Angeles area. Those ridiculous Noftle's turned it into a 10 hour drive. We took historic route 66 (Michael and I enjoyed it, the kids were looking for Lightning McQueen and Mator and were disappointed to see sagebrush instead), and we stopped at the Grand Canyon Caverns and went through them. When I see those vast caverns and the Grand Canyon I realize how HUGE this world is, and how amazing it's creation. Normally I go blissfully along not noticing the roses in my path but-- these things --WOW. We spent Thurs. night, Friday, and Saturday with Brenda's family, Michael and Trevor held down the couch and kept the T.V. warm, Brenda, Mom, and I kept the kitchen messy, Carter kept the toys played with, Sierra kept Preston and Carson following her around, Sammi and Jackson kept underfoot, and Zoe kept William wishing he hadn't been in such hurry to be born! Zoe has a love for babies, and a fierce love for baby William, he was breathing when we left --I checked! We went to his blessing Sunday morning then headed to Klamath Falls, Oregon getting there late at night. The least said about that car ride the best. Let's just say that by this time no matter how many times we pulled over and moved this kid from sitting by that kid it didn't help---no kid wanted to be by any relative of theirs!!! Yikes, that was a long day, but at the end we found a cool hotel room with 3 queen beds in it, first time in 12 days that everybody had a real bed to sleep in. That was a good nights sleep, and we needed it. The next morning it was down the road for good ole' Royal City. Carter summed it up perfectly when we pulled in the driveway, "finally my house"!! So glad to be home, but so glad we got to take our kids on that trip.

Now ---about that marvelous fourteen year old Jackson. He is mostly likely dealing with a disease called CNS-LCH which is a rare central nervous system disease that can happen in kids who had histiocytosis in the cranial facial bones and pituitary gland. There wasn't any good plan on what to do for Jackson in either Spokane or Seattle so after a little depressing research I find "THE DOCTOR" to see and called him. He wants to see Jackson---now. So we have an appointment to see Dr. McClain at the Texas Children's Cancer Center in Houston, Texas on Aug. 31st. Jax doesn't even know this yet because he is with the scouts on a 50 mile hike and won't get home till Saturday. My worries of him on this 50 miler could fill many blogs, but I'll spare you my moanings. Please pray for him, and us, we need a miracle.

10 comments:

Beverley said...

Ok so glad I decided to check your blog while staying up late cause I couldn't sleep. wow lots of news and fun times. So sorry to hear about Jax, we love him so much, our prayers and fast will be for him continually. Can I do anything to help, If you need me to come I will. Love you all.

melanie said...

I am in complete awe that you survived that trip. Lots of family fun times, that's for sure. So glad you had a distraction right when you needed it.

There is no one I would rather have a miracle that you and Jackson. Prayers all the way.

Britt said...

ours too.it is to bad huh!
sorry

Heather said...

First you had me crying I was laughing so hard. Now I'm really crying- not the laughing kind.

Miracles still happen- and I know Jackson will be o.k. We are so glad you found the Doctor in Houston, and I know he is the start of the "miracles" to come. Love you all!

Brenda said...

Neither you nor I mentioned Zoe and Sierra got their ears pierced. There, I mentioned it. I don't know if I was the only one, but I read that blog as fast as I could. It seemed like a cartoon running in fast forward. Chaotic. Glad you're home, and glad there is a miracle named Dr. McClain. It will all work out. It has to. Prayers and mucho love are being sent your way.

Holly said...

We sure love you guys. I just know in a few years we will be talking about what a huge blessing it was that you found Dr. McClain. He is soon to be our hero! We love you guys and you are in our prayers daily! It was so great to come and hang out in Park City! Thanks for letting us crash your place! Keep reminding yourself...Faith, not fear!

Miller Family said...

Oh Becky, first and foremost, you are all (especially Jackson) in our prayers. Hang in there momma.

Now for the trip...WOWOWOWOW! I am waiting for the day to take my kids to show them where I grew up...Lake Havasu and Flagstaff AZ and to show them the Grand Canyon. How exciting for your family to experience God's beautiful creations. I am glad you had a fun, safe trip. Enjoy these last couple of weeks of summer.

Britt said...

Does jax have 4 period eilers?
U Kind of skipped 4th. it is 123ssr456. Thanks for the comment on the blog. I do not get very many comments.

Shannon said...

So wishing I still lived in Texas so I could come to Houston give you love. But then I wouldn't have seen you in Arizona... so I am just confusing myself.

Green Vanity Room!!!!

Sending love and prayers your way!

ps. I think going to Parker in July will make you appreciate Houston in August. Or maybe the other way around...

Shaina and Cody said...

Becky I love you so much. I have really wanted to call you. I think of you often and Jackson. We love you so much and will truly be praying for you.