Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School 2011

2011 Noftle Family Theme -- "Rise Up"  I wanted something to do with making the most of each moment, class, opportunity and Michael said my idea coincided with the BYU football team's mantra for this year--it's catchy and it makes us feel collegiate!

Mr. First Grade himself---Carter aka Cougar

My (sob, sob) first daughter (sob, sob) is starting High School (sob, sob) Ninth grade watch out.

Zoe, heading to third grade with no worries 'cuz Justin Bieber has her back.

 Sierra--my fashionista, is sporting a fetching school uniform for the first day of fifth grade.  Please note the OWL lunch box she HAD to have.
My tenth grade is so awesome, excuse me, so McAwesome.

The Fearsome Five.


Another fearsome group of five, except we substituted a Sammi for a Grandma Louise.  Sammi and Bailey had to make their stop at Grandma's desk without us---it's almost as though Sammi thinks Bailey is cooler than her McAwesome family--nah can't be that.  I was happy to hear Tiffany took a picture of the cool freshman walking into the high school despite their protests!

 Traditional picture of grade school Noftle's in front of the Red Rock Sign.  Next year only TWO grade school Noftle's -- it's like they are trying to grow up or something, I've got to check into this phenomenon.
 Mr. Buster and Carter---I will have to dig up the picture of Jackson and Mr. Buster on Jackson's first day, of course that picture was taken before I had a digital camera so it'll take me a bit more effort!  Trust me Mr. Buster doesn't look a day older than when he was Jackson's first grade teacher.
However; I did have a digital camera when Zoe started first grade with Mr. Buster!!  See what I mean, the man never ages.

Mrs. Ziegler and Zoe (and Dayne--hi Dayne!)





                                    
What's this---blast from the past, Sierra and Mrs. Ziegler first day of school 2009.  Like mentioned before deeper digging will have to ensue to find Mrs. Ziegler and Sammi's first day of third grade!  Maybe I should start teaching at Red Rock too, it's keeping Mike and Sheila from aging....
I was walking back to my car when I found this red hot cutie pie--we call her Crazy Mae at our house.
Let's take a walk down Memory lane shall we.... 2009
2006---Red Rock must be doing something right, Mike and Sheila not aging and Grandma Louise looks younger and thinner in 2011 compared with 2006.  These people should have to pay to work there.

2007 school year, Sierra looks uncertain!


3 comments:

Beverley said...

Thanks for sharing, I love these kids and yes they are growing up too fast. luv you all. Beve

Holly said...

LOVE the trip down memory lane! The kids looked great on their first day. Hope they had a great first week. Does Sierra secretly want to go to a charter school? Miss you guys!

Louise said...

Fabulous pictures, did you get a new camera? I'm glad I'm not aging quite as fast as the kids seem to be. It makes me a little sad to see the huge changes they make in just a few years- sniffle, sniffle...