Thursday, September 15, 2011

Jackson asks, Becca answers

I know it's hard to believe, but Jackson is 16----do you hear me??  SIXTEEN!!  Sooooo he decided it was high time he experienced his first date--DATE!  Sorry it's just incredible to me, I can remember what that kiddo looked like when he was 16 minutes old and now---I'll refrain, I think you all know how old he is.  Anywhooo he decided he wanted to ask Becca Lee to the  Homecoming dance.  He made a plan (with  help from Aunt Courtney, Me and Sammi--let's be real he is a boy!) and I pulled him out of early morning seminary five minutes early so he could implement said plan undetected by Becca.  Well, why don't I just show you;
Courtney meeting us at the high school with the balloons.  Inside each balloon was a little piece of paper - Becca had to pop all the balloons then put the words together to spell out "Becca, will you go to Homecoming with me?  Love, Jackson"

The boy getting ready to go tie the balloons to her locker.  Are you proud I didn't walk inside the high school photo documenting the whole thing?  I know Jackson is.

To answer back, Becca brought a gift sack full of tootsie rolls with this note on it.  So Jackson did the only logical thing---involved his weights class in unwrapping and eating the tootsie rolls until Ali Janett found one that said......

YES!  So fun--hope the date is as fun as this was!

5 comments:

Beverley said...

I can't believe my first grandchild is dating, thanks for letting us share this moment. I hope to at least get a pic of the date. luv you all Beve

Brenda said...

So. Freakin. Precious. And on a side note...we're old.

Shannon said...

That is so adorable!

Louise said...

Thank heavens for Moms, Aunts and sisters! Hope they have a great time. I must say, Jackson made a great choice for his first date!!

The McGary's said...

Oh the good ol' days of creative asking and answering. I can't believe Jackson is 16 or maybe I am more shocked you have a 16 year old. You don't seem old enough for that craziness:) Hope he has a great time!