Saturday, May 5, 2012

Histio part 3 Chemo round 3 day 4

Well, Jackson talked a nurse, into talking to his Doctor, and now it is official.  His regular Chemo (days 2-4) have a faster infusion time of 40 minutes.  Nurse Jean we thank you!!  Michael reports to me that if he isn't making Jackson go to breakfast, or chemo, or to the mall (lest you speculate, it was Sports Authority and Red Robin, very manly places--no bath and body works for those men) then Jackson is passed out asleep on the hotel room bed.  He said he doesn't feel sick, just exhausted.  If you remember back to 2009-2010 Chemo this was the biggest hurdle, being so tired.  I am looking forward to summer break so that he can just rest with no school work hanging over his head.  How he is going to handle first semester of his Junior year I have no idea.  Better to cross that bridge when we have to, although I do like to start worrying ahead of time, makes me feel productive.

Meanwhile back at the ranch,  we had a great day.  I had to stay up till 12:30 getting my teenage socialite home from her party, so morning came way to soon.  Things picked up after the alarm clock went off though.  Today we got ourselves gussied up to go to Othello for Avery Mae's baptism. (Our church building is getting a facelift and is barely usable right now)  I wish I would have thought to take a picture of her on my phone, but alas I have failed as an Aunt.  Luckily Avery's paparrazzi Aunt was there--Brenda-- so there is ample photographic documentation of this great day.  Avery and Gabby looked sweet and it was touching to have Matt healthy enough to baptize her when two weeks ago his health was so precarious.  Courtney did the worlds cutest luncheon afterwards and it was a super fun day.

It's time to get my four to bed--Michael just called to brag that his child is all tucked in and snoring away--cheater.

2 comments:

Louise said...

All in all a good (if chemo can be classified that way) week of chemo, Jax got the nurses and doctors shaped up a bit and is home now!

Brenda said...

Serious cheater. You better watch that boy of yours, who knows what he'll talk those nurses into next! "Jean, I burned down my truck. Can you tell the doctor to buy me a new one?"