Monday, February 18, 2008

Homemaker? What homemaker?











O.K. these pictures are from Valentines Day BEFORE 8 am. How can anyone mess up a kitchen that bad before 8 am you say---skills ladies, skills. I made pink heart pancakes, and pink scrambled eggs for breakfast. Then I glanced at my fridge calendar and remembered that I had volunteered 22 ziplock bags of pink frosting for Sierra's class party--YIKES. May I remind you all V-day was a Thursday, or as I like to call it preschool day. So now it's slightly after 8 am every child has lost the valentines, back packs, shoes, gallons of juice and what have you that they need to leave my house and head to school. I also had been headachy the night before and had put off things like, dinner dishes and preparing for my 18 preschoolers valentines party! Suffice it to say the kitchen was not clean, the frosting WAS delivered just in time for the party and the preschoolers had to suffer the lamest v-day in the history of steps ahead preschool. I need to follow the advice I daily give Sammi--"If you just keep it up it's a lot easier dear". (I admit sometimes it's "dear" at the end sometimes it's "turkey") I feel delirious.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Your kids are not going to remember the mess or the lame Valentines day party. They are going to remember mom making pink scrambled eggs and heart pancakes for Valentines day. Way to go Mom!

Heidi said...

You are hilarious! You have a lot going on. Sounds like something that would happen with my Mom. :)

melanie said...

I only made the pink chocolate chip pancakes and my counters were that crazy. If I would have had to add in eggs and that much frosting (!), I would have had some sort of meltdown. Holly's right, they've already forgotten last Thurs. You're a fabulous mom and always will be!

Brenda said...

Wow. I mean, wow. Let's not go where there are bad homemakers. You can't expect to do it all. I never even thought of heart pancakes. Give the rest of us a chance, eh?

Shannon said...

Okay - you are a supermom! Love the kitchen table. All my kids got were a $1 box of chocolates and cereal eaten in a hotel room. Oh - and then to really make their valentines day really great I took them and registered them for school.