Monday, March 3, 2008

Are You Ready To RUMBLE?!!




















I hope so. I don't know what Sunday after church looks like at any of your homes, but for us we get front row seats to some seriously entertaining fights. The only problem is the ring is made of toilet paper and some "fighters" tend to run through the ring in their enthusiasm for the sport, ahhh well, life ain't perfect.








Also, hang on exciting news coming up, this year Jackson has decided to come out of wrestling retirement where he (and his parents) has happily been since Kindergarten. Needless to say the boys he wrestles did not take five years off, so this is a "building" year for Jax. The last Saturday in Feb. was the Royal Little Guy Wrestling Tournament. 532 wrestlers ages 5-14 and their parents, and siblings, and coaches, and grandparents and etc..... All in Royal High School's gym. As parents of a Royal Wrestler Michael and I were oh so pleased to be able to help. It all started at 6:45 am. with weigh ins and selling food and such. Nothing like the smell of hundreds of sweaty little boys to make you wonder what happened in our premortal life to deserve such a fate. I am sure it was Michaels' fault not mine!! Actually knowing me I probably said something about Just loving all children and heaven thought this might test my resolve. In honor of this occassion I will post a little blip of Jackson not winning a match (He did beat one kid that day---of course I didn't tape that match) and of the chaos and mass humanity we dealt with that day. NOTE the marker on Jackson's hands--one hand has 12 for his age and the other hand has 78 for his weight--remind you of anything, like branding cattle for instance!!










5 comments:

Brenda said...

I have a headache from the meer thought of all the noise and smells of a wrasslin' tourney. Fun times for you though, I'm sure. Keep the singlet. It'll be decent blackmail when he's in his 20's. I should probably say something constructive, like, I'm proud of you Jax and way to win a match. Pass that along will ya?

Shannon said...

That little outfit he has on is so cute! Reminds me of Jon Heder in that ice-skating movie with Will Ferrell. But Jax is MUCH cuter.

Heather said...

Jax looks awesome! He is filling out finally and looking so old. Boxing is a great idea??@@ With 3 boys around, someones sure to end up crying with a black eye- Great idea!

melanie said...

I've really had to 'let go' and relax when my boys want to wrestle all the time. Maybe they have a future like Jax. And their parents will feel just like his! Way to go Jax!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Oh I remember the wrasslin' days also! I only went to a few and wanted to get out on that mat and sock the heck out of the opponent. My little brothers usually won, but I hid my eyes more than once!!! Becky, I might be able to do old pictures, but will you teach me to do movie clips. I have the cutest one of Princess Kate I would love to post. We might have to trade secrets when I come to WA on the 17th. Way to "wrassle" Jax!!!!!!