Saturday, June 14, 2008

Camp Casey







Michael and Jackson got to spend three days at the famous "Camp Casey" on Whidbey Island. For over a decade now(actually when Grandpa Kent was middle school principal he started the tradition) 6th graders at Royal get to go on a 3 day fieldtrip to Camp Casey. Michael said that on the way to the coast they stopped at Snoqualmie Falls for lunch and they got to hike down to the falls if they chose. One of the boys in Michael's group had never been to the west side of Washington and he kept stopping to look at the
ferns and greenery and the waterfall! Then when they got to the ocean the kid was in heaven! Sounds like they were all pretty good kids and
Michael didn't lose anyones child which is always my fear when he is a chaperone--or scout leader! Sammi and I are up for the trip next year!



7 comments:

Brenda said...

Umm, not to date myself, but, I was on the maiden voyage to Camp Casey 18 years ago. Yikes! Is that right? Katie M was my roommate and we had matching outfits almost everyday. Aww, the memories.

Holly said...

Sounds like fun!! Glad Michael didn't lose anyone. I have the same fear with Brian. Does that mean we don't trust our husbands or our children...or both?

Louise said...

Camp Casey is a great tradition for our kids. Seems a little weird that my children did this, and now my grandchildren are doing it. Thanks Kent and Brenda for blazing the trail!

Shannon said...

It looks so pretty!

Heather said...

Wish I could've done that! Looks like fun.

Granny DeeAnn said...

I want to go next year with you and Sammi. It look cool. I mean temp. It was 109 degrees here in Vegas today. I want cooler weather!!! The kids are are changing so fast!! Could you slow that down a little? Sign me up for next year. Maybe I could bring the Clark County School District credit card! (tee, hee)

melanie said...

Dang, I thought I commented. Glad the boys had a good time. Better get ready for next year, I'm sure it's harder with girls, ha!