Monday, June 23, 2008

School's Out

School is out--summer begun.
How will I do it-- I get nothing done.
The children harass me with needs and with fights.
Being patient, and non-violent takes all my might.
Everyone wants food at breakfast and lunch,
but I have big plans of projects, a bunch.
I thought all the time taken by preschool and such,
would come back to bless me this summer so much.
Turns out my time is continually lost,
and if I could relax I'd see the big cost.
For projects no matter how worthy they be,
don't mean alot if Mommy's love they don't see.
Time will march on, children will grow,
summers from now I'll be my own show.
So take a deep breath all you Mother's out there,
school is out now, but will return after fair!

14 comments:

Maria said...

Love it!!!

Holly said...

Soooo true! Only 6 weeks of summer left!

Heather said...

You have always been such a poetry nerd! Love it though!

Brenda said...

Amen. And to answer your question on my blog, we are swimming at pool. We still have the keys to Brandon's townhome complex and are using the community pool there.

Brenda said...

Oops. I meant we are swimming at A pool. Not swimming at pool. I have shamed myself.

Brooke said...

Wow you're a poet and you didn't even know it!

Shannon said...

Amen, Scuzin! I thought I would get a break at Grandma's house but they still harass me here! Only not quite as much...

Can't wait to see you so soon!

melanie said...

Perfect, perfect poem. You're the best Becky. Why is the bigger picture so hard for me to see?

Granny DeeAnn said...

Becky, you didn't mention that you get to take GMa to the doctor in your spare time!!! Thanks for helping her absent kids get around the block. I owe you more than a couple for all your support and help. Love your poem. When for heaven's sake did you have time for rhyme? luv u

Becky Noftle said...

Maria is that you?? If so Hello, Carter just remembered "Lisha" in his prayer tonight--to be fair he was coached!

Worsham Family said...

Becky that is the best! I think you could have a career with Hallmark.

Shelli

Heidi said...

My Mom was never too excited for summers either... How in the heck do you rhyme like that? Good job. My poems are pathetic when I try. :)

Louise said...

Good advice, where did you get all that talent??? Must be from the Andersen side!

Katie said...

Cute poem Becky! Thanks for saving Cade at the pool :) too!