Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not to brag or anything...





























Well, not to brag or anything but my kids have been super busy making me look good. All this happened in the last two weeks. Sammi was Alice and Sierra was the doormouse, a "card", and a dancing flower in the school play "Alice in Wonderland". Carter advanced in Steps Ahead Preschool, pretty good for a kid who wasn't technically a student. Zoe graduated from Steps Ahead, sniff, sniff. We had our end of the school year preschool water party--can you say chilly? And last but not least Jackson ran for ASB treasurer of the Middle School. We had six different "ad" posters and not to brag or anything but they were the best ones I saw! I wish I could figure out how to get them out of Print shop and into my pictures so I could post them all. Somehow I got one to move but I have no idea how I did it and have spent the last lifetime trying to replicate my burst of genius to no avail. Sigh. He ran against a buddy and a fairly popular upper classman (7th grader!) and WON!! In fact his 6th grade class secured Treasurer, Secretary(Seila Jenks), and Vice President(Tanner Christensen) so not too shabby! Sierra was honored in a school awards assembly for her general awesomness and her 97% cumulative math tests average for the year, good at math, must have got it from her mother! Sammi's reading group had a play of which I was mad at myself about, forgot the camera, I hate it when I do that. Then Today I went on the 1st grade field trip with Sierra and 140 1st graders and Michael is currently in Camp Casey with Jackson and all the 6th graders for their 3 day field trip. Tomorrow is Red Rock Olympics that Carter, Zoe and I get to help at and then our Drama club party on Thursday which is also the last day of school. Tonight and every Tuesday and Thursday in June are little league games which, because of my kids age groups, go from 4:45 to about 8:15 everytime. And I am getting harrassed to sub everyday because so many teachers are taking their personal leave days. Then ten minutes ago my sister Heather called to complain(she was just kidding I'm sure!) that I have left the lovely picture of her and Holly up too long and that it was time for a new blog---I don't know what I've been doing but for some reason the blogs just aren't creating themselves!! Hope the end of school brings a little less schedule and a lot more time. Hey, don't smirk, a girl can hope!!







8 comments:

Louise said...

I got tired just reading your blog, and you forgot about the temple trip and the spring concert last week. Hang in there, its almost over!!

Shannon said...

Sheesh - what is up with kids still in school? Actually the kids have almost been out 3 weeks here and I am already starting to look forward to the start of the new school year. (Don't judge me - as Brenda would say!)

Congrats to all the Noftle kids on their awesomeness!!!!

KELLY said...

Congrats to everyone in your family!!!

Jackson,

Did you learn your fantastic treasurery skills from your 3rd grade teacher??? I hear she was GREAT!!!

Becky,

I found your blog through Katie's...watch out...I can be a bit of a blog "stalker!"

Kelly Rotter

Heather said...

Holy cow- and I thought I was busy! I think you win the award for craziest schedule! Way to go Jax- if you get really good at the Treasurer thing mabye you could do my taxes next year. Sammi- you made a beautiful Alice! Sunshine Sierra- that's pretty cute. . . and true! And last but not least- Zoe and Carter- Congrats! Oh- and thanks for changing the post. I was REALLY getting tired of that random picture of me and Holly!

melanie said...

See you put up a blog and your fans are waiting. All these comments already. You can brag all you want, your kids are awesome!!

I want an easy summer but I'm pretty sure it wont happen. Dang, that sounds negative. My first with 4, can I handle it in this tiny house?

So glad Heather commissioned a new post. Thanks Heather!!

Holly said...

Way to go Noftle children! You guys rock! And kudos to Mom and Dad for keeping up with the schedules...it isn't easy I know. Maybe Jackson could help me with some ideas on how to stick to a budget...

Granny DeeAnn said...

How do you get all of it done? I'm ready for a nap after reading the post!! Becky you are a one-of-a-kind girl. Always have been always will be. Lucky little kids at your house, oops at school, ball fields, at theaters, at GMa & GPa's house............ Do they sleep at home? Could you start planning a "farkle family reunion" for when I come home this summer? (tee, hee) :0)

Brenda said...

Is anyone going to tell me what happened to Jax's arm? Way to go all you Noftle studs. I'm not quite getting over Zoe starting school in the fall. Freaky.