Sunday, January 11, 2009

BAM

Do you ever go to bed at night and your house is fairly picked up and clean? I rarely do, but Tuesday night I did(It was such a thrilly moment for me). As I lay in bed I could hear the hum of the dishwasher washing my dishes all clean and sparkly. I could hear the buzz of the dryer as it finished it's cycle. I was thinking that except for vacuuming and laundry I really had a pretty calm day ahead of me. I also thought that every time, in the past, I've had those thoughts about a nice calm quiet day ahead, that the day ahead blows up in my face. I slept uneasily. Wednesday morning was the usual get four kids off and ready for school rush. Sammi is needing P.E. clothes and I am feeling like I have a handle on my home because I actually know where they are. "Sam, they are in the dryer honey I started it last night before I went to bed." Skip ahead 1 minute and Sammi comes upstairs --"Uh Mom I'm like walking to the laundry room and BAM(bam is the new catch word with our kiddos) I walk in like all this water all over the play room floor." Cut ahead to the next 12 hours of shop vac sucking, every towel in the house soaking wet, Michael and good ole' Matt scooping leaves, snow, ice and muck to discover the blockage, hoses (frozen ones too), and power snakes to unclog the said clog. Bulging and warped flooring in the preschool room. Popped trim and sopping wet carpet and carpet pad. Dryers making unearthly noises and causing mind blowing headaches, carpets ripped up and two extremely exhausted, extremely sore adults living in this blessed, blasted house. BAM-- that's what I get for thinking I might be getting ahead.

11 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Becky! You sure pulled it off for Thursday's preschool :) Sorry about your disaster...had one of those after Cade was born and Bryan was gone...lots of tears, gagging and a few "choice words" later, the problem was solved, our septic needed pumped. YUCK! I stayed up most of the night cleaning since it happended late at night. So I feel for ya!!!
I like BAM, may have to start using that instead of my "choice words"!

Miller Family said...

Gotta love the BAM. So sorry to hear about your sogga. UGH! You can always call the BB girls and we would come help out. That way we could help lighten the situation and make you laugh. Here's to a BAM free week. Would that be like a SPAM free week on the computer?

Shannon said...

HORRIBLE!!!!

melanie said...

Not nice right when you're feeling ahead! I love that I can picutre Sammi coming up the stairs and telling you this.

Heidi said...

That is horrible!!! What a mess! I can't believe you pulled preschool off during this mess. You are amazing. Too bad you can't say BAM and have it all fixed.

Brenda said...

Oh S-H! I'm sorry sister. What's the word on the preschool flooring? I hope it's not "BAM! Needs replacing"!

Heather said...

So sorry we weren't there to help. We've had three flooded basements in our neighborhood over the last 2 weeks, so we've had our share of helping. It SUCKS- I am so sorry. Miss ya'll!

Granny DeeAnn said...

BAM! You always have to kick it up a notch Becky. Sucking up water in a shop vac. is not nice. Been there done that, don't want to do it again! Here's hoping you don't have to either!

Debbie said...

Becky, Michelle was telling me about your BAM, I think there is a conspiracy going on, against the preschools. I too spent the weekend trying to dry out carpet in my preschool room. i finally got it put back together about 15 minutes before kids arrived this morning. I hope your week goes better. :0)

Holly said...

I am sooo feeling bad for you right now. Dang I wish I was there to help. Good luck...one of these days you will "really" be ahead. I promise!

Brooke said...

seriously? I am so BAM sorry! Hang in there. Let me know if you need me to fly greg out there to help. xoxo