Sunday, February 15, 2009

Samantha is 12 read all about it....











Yes my big girl is another year older. I don't know if I have mentioned before that I don't throw friend parties every year or not. Well I don't I took the advice of my good friend Chriss and I have set ages 3, 6(Kindg. year), 8, 12, 16, and 18 for their "friend" party years. I'm happy to say that Sammi's 12th birthday was by FAR the easiest birthday party with friends I have ever thrown. We borrowed the white bus (or Allred's big white van if you want to get technical)loaded up 6 of Sammi's friends and drove to Tri-Cities. I honked at every car that they told me too---still not sure if we were honking at cars that held preteen boys or cars that looked cool, hey I'm just the lady that pushes the horn. We went to the mall and screamed like girls (duh) when it came into view. I fed them all lunch at the food court and set them free. I ran my errands and five hours later they called to say they had spent all their money and were ready to be picked up. So you see we did our charity work too-you know stimulating the economy and all! We ate dinner at McDonalds and home for the sleepover. My Mom took the other four kids and they stayed overnight in Leavenworth with her and Dad and made the whole "Mooommmm the little kids are bugging us", thing obsolete, bless you mother. Aunt Courtney brought over all her pedicure stuff and as Zoe would say all her paint nolish (nail polish) to make us even cooler, so thanks Aunt Courtney. All in all, I can highly recommend retail therapy for a birthday---as Martha Stewart would say "it's a good thing"!! Sammi has had her first mutual already and is loving being 12. I'm amazed--how did my first baby girl get so big? She is mellowing a little with age, I only get the hands on hip- eye roll thing weekly now instead of daily!! Usually it follows after I have explained for the millionth time that it is not child abuse to deny a 12 year old makeup! Any girl moms out there, please tell me when your little darling started wearing makeup--Mom and I can't remember when she allowed me to start. I digressed a bit---Happy Birthday Samantha Reine Noftle you are soooooo loved.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Sam!! Oh how I wish we could have been there to celebrate! Glad you had a fun day! Love you tons!

Worsham Family said...

Happy Birthday Sammi! Shopping with girlfriends sounds like the best birthday ever!

Beverley said...

Sounds like you are really growing up. I sure miss you all and love you very much. I only wish i could be there to celbrate with you these special times.Love Grandma Beve

the Jenks said...

Super cool party! I'm going to have to come see what Sammi purchased at the mall. When Seila turned 12 we let her wear blush and color lip gloss. For her 13th bday we added clear mascara. Then again, you know me, not very liberal. Missed you guys at church today. Hope it was a good weekend!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Sammi. Sorry I missed the partay. Sounds like you have the mother of the year. This message is for Zoe, being the youngest daughter you don't have to worry about age limits on make-up or shaving your legs. I'm pretty sure curfews are obsolete too. So grab a razor and a nice thick black eyeliner pencil and get to it.

Shannon said...

I wondered if that van was yours... You are a great party planner - way to honk the horn. I agree with you on not throwing "friend" parties every year. Too much money and hassle and they don't need it. Adam had his first "friend" party today!

melanie said...

You are one cool mom to honk the horn. That cracked me up!

Happy Birthday Sammi!! How in the world are you 12?!!