Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines Day






It is a little past valentines day but this year was so good I just had to relive it through the blog. I can't remember if I blogged about it but summer 2008 I lost the large diamond in my wedding ring when I took the kids swimming at Allred's pond. Since then I have worn nothing or a $6.00 ring I bought at claires (but then the fake stone fell out of that too--I'm death to diamonds). Anyway I woke up early on v-day to shower and get ready for Zoe's Princess party. I found this note on my bathroom mirror.









Then I got to go on a treasure hunt, just imagine my excitement, I LOVE TREASURE HUNTS! I am always putting one together for our kids and Michael always makes fun of me for it. After finding four more not so easy clues I found my new diamond in my wedding ring. I couldn't believe that Michael did this all on his own, in fact I was pretty sure Mom or Courtney had been involved in some small way at least but they hadn't a clue about either. When all was said and done Michael discovered he didn't even have to buy me a diamond--I had so much fun on the treasure hunt he said I could have found a pixie stik and still been happy! It's true the fact he went to the jewler, did the clues and hid them and kept the secret to surprise me was worth far more than any diamonds, I felt so loved. Great valentines day honey--can't wait for Mothers day!!(j/k Michael!)






11 comments:

Brenda said...

Michael wins for best gift/presentation/preparation this Valentines day. All I got was an evening playing Rock Band with Trevor, the kids and his Aunt and Uncle. So, yeah, Michael wins. I never knew he had it in him. I have now placed him on a mini pedestal.

Shannon said...

So beautiful!! It is a different shape, isn't it? Michael is a romantic at heart - you did good scuzin!

Heather said...

I love the round! It looks great! Way to go Michael. You da bomb:) I got a dozen red roses- beautiful! They are still on the table looking great. Love you guys!

Worsham Family said...

How cool!!! Michael definitely gets the best Valentine award!

Darin and Angie Smith said...

It was Valentine's Day???

Great Job Michael, Becky you deserve many treasure hunts!

Brooke said...

AHHH who would've thought.... Such a cute hubby you have there. Way to go Beck! Miss you guys. xoxo

melanie said...

I love that you would be excited about a pixie stik. Micheal is lucky to have you! And you him. Especially when he plans treasure hunts.

Heidi said...

Treasure hunts are fun so what a creative way to make you find your ring! I love it when our husband's pull something out of nowhere to be clever. :) Good to see you the other day!

Holly said...

Wow! I am soo very impressed Michael! I can't believe you have never mentioned this exciting news in all the times I have talked with you since V-Day!! You deserve it!! Way to go Michael!

Louise said...

Apparently Michael wins the "1st place trophy for Valentines Day 2009". Courtney and I just stood there with our mouths open, Michael took us all by surprise and believe me, thats hard in this little town! What has happened to our famous "Royal City grape vine?"

Beverley said...

I did not raise no dummy, way to go Michael, thats my romantic son. Love ya all