Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yippee!!!

1. O.K. we needed a Doctor who could help us
*Found Dr. Kenneth McClain who according to our oncologists in Seattle is the best in the Nation for CNS ND LCH(central nervous system neurodegenerative langerhans cell histiocytosis)
2. We need to get in to see said Doctor
*Done Doctor calls me back within 2 hours of my initial call and emphatically wants to see Jax before he leaves for conferences the middle of September.
3. We need to know if insurance will help out with bills a wayyyyy down in Houston
*Becky calls and discovers that Dr. is a participating partner (he's golden in insurance world) and hospital is NOT. (were hypothetically thousands in debt before we even walk in the door)
4. Michael and Becky know they need their son to go their and start planning on how they are going to make this happen and pray, pray, pray.
5. Isabelle calls Becky back after 4 days (she's a busy woman this Isabelle financial lady at TXCCC{Texas Children's Cancer Center})
* She says now you know Jackson is covered at 100% because he has met his out of pocket for your insurance company this year (well I knew he had met his out of pocket--he usually does about 3 weeks into the year!) Becky says in a pathetic voice "I called my insurance company and they cover the Doctor not the hospital". Isabelle says in her cute texan voice, ahhhh honey you don't worry about that---I called the day you made the appointment, your insurance company is a participating provider with TXCCC---trust me I call all the families whose insurance isn't MUCH faster than I called you!"

I love miracles.

9 comments:

Worsham Family said...

Oh Becky, I am so happy. That eases some of your worry. See, I told you not to worry.

Granny DeeAnn said...

I love miracles.......... you are ours! AD

Beverley said...

Great news, love when things work out for you guys, Our prayers are with you and Jax we know he will be ok, God loves him so much that he will give him miracles. Luv Ya

melanie said...

This makes me so happy, teary, goose bumpy. Miracles definitely deserve a YIPEE on repeat!

Brenda said...

Our Jax is a walking miracle (if he is still walking. I haven't heard if he made it back from scout camp). Yeah for Isabelle, she's my new best friend.

Shannon said...

Hate insurance companies - love other people that deal with them for you!

(Missing you this week... we drove by Moon for old time's sake. And walked the stairs south of campus. I can't believe we used to do that several times a day.)

Louise said...

Let the miracles continue (along with LOTS of prayers)!!!

Britt said...

Yes let the miricales continue.
i will pray for you. i am so happy for you.

Krista said...

We are beyond thrilled for you!!! God is so good:) We'll keep praying for you all that the miracles keep coming! Love, Krista