Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some days are just like that....



I guess I should have known this morning when the showers were cold. Our hot water heater wants to go out, (but we won't allow that, but we say NO hot water heater not now)and the little girls got a cold shower, this did not make for happy little girls. Then Carter's socks were scrunchy, he HATES scrunchy socks. Since he is still a little peeved at me for the whole 'tonsils out' thing he refused to wear those scrunchy socks. Then I forgot the chemo schedule paper and the "caring for your child with cancer" book (very boring read I can't recommend it), all realized about 40 miles to late. Next when Jackson and I were driving on the 520 (or 405 or I-90 or some road) doing over 60 mph a HUGE piece of plastic blew out of a truck several cars ahead of us and hooked itself on my side mirror. I didn't want it to blow off of us and hit the next car on the windshield so I rolled my window down and held on to it with all my might. Jax is yelling at me to roll up the window so we would have the plastic "trapped" with us. That boy is quick on his feet. And easy for him to say, all nice and comfy in the passenger seat not fighting a bucking plastic trying to rip my arm off while I drive down the highway! As if we weren't embarrassed enough to be driving the GT (just kiddin' dear I know you don't like us to mock the GT)in Seattle, we now looked even cooler with enough plastic to cover a full size couch flapping around us!!! So I guess we shouldn't have been surprised to get to Children's and learn his ANC count was 600, and he has to be 750 for Chemo. Jackson cried and the tears worked on our sweet Dr. Johnson. She is letting us try again tomorrow, even though she likes to wait a few days usually. So pray for Jax, big numbers tomorrow, BIG!! We are off to console ourselves by seeing the "Lightening Thief". I think it will work!

7 comments:

Louise said...

Wow, what an exciting trip! Tomorrow will be a better day FOR SURE!!!!! We will be praying as hard as we can Jax!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Thanks for the laugh Becky. I can just see you ripping down I-90, 405... or whatever highway that is totally, probably bumper to bumper traffic, holding to an acre of plastic. Only in Seattle. Praying for big, big counts tomorrow. Keep us posted. Love ya, AD

Holly said...

Praying hard here too! Glad it was plastic that hit your car and not something else! Hope you enjoyed Lightening Thief. We thought it was great!

Beverley said...

For sure lots of prayers for counts and safe trip. I just pictured this whole episode of the plastic attack. luv ya tons.

Brenda said...

At least it wasn't hard plastic like I had originally pictured in my head. Praying for you and your dude. I think you already know that, but I just like to reiterate. Love you the most.

Heather said...

Scary freeway driving! Hope the prayers are working and Jax is ready for Chemo this afternoon. Love you!

melanie said...

You're the only one I know that can turn a crapola day into a funny one when you blog. Seriously funny post. I can just see it all play out. Love it, but not the low numbers. Lots of prayers for bigger numbers today. How could Dr J resist that cute face with tears? Love you guys!!!