Friday, March 5, 2010

Sympathy Post & blood counts week 23

They say a picture is worth a thousand words---I think that's true. Just look at my poor little cougar man and tell me you don't feel the utmost sympathy for him. This aready weight challenged kiddo is down to 28 lbs from a hefty 33 lbs last Friday. This week has been tough. He hates the smell in his "froat" and doesn't want to eat. His head is starting to look to big for his body to carry. I've never seen his hip bones so obviously before, it kinda freaks me out, we could make a telethon about starving children with him as the model! I hope we see a new kiddo in one more week.


On a happier note Jackson's blood counts were good again this week!
His WBC was only 2.6 but his ANC was 1100! Everything else was barely low which for Jax isn't really low! Chemo next week so----counts stay good (I'm mean it counts)!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Five pounds lost in one week!? Does the doctor know? Very worrisome! Please call in if he doesn't. But, he probably does. What are his recommendations to get this non-eating turned around? If he doesn't have any, I sure do. Not eating has never been a problem here. :)

Brenda said...

I will pledge $1 a week to the starving children suffering in R.C. Won't he drink the chocolate boost shakes? Won't he drink regular chocolate shakes? Come on Coug! Let's turn the corner bud! We're all pulling for you here.

Shannon said...

Wow - 28 pounds? That is how much Aaron weighs. I hope he gets feeling better. And he doesn't like the smell in his throat? How horrible!! I remember when Adam was 5 and he got the rotavirus, lost 5 pounds in a week and wouldn't eat. I freaked out and was up every hour in the night making him sip pedialyte. Oh the joys of being a mother!

Holly said...

Oh poor Cougar. I want to cry looking at him. 5 lbs in a week is crazy! Lets hope this week the 5 lbs is UP not DOWN!

Heather said...

Oh poor boy! I wish I had a cure for this but unfortunately- I think time is the only cure. Should just be another couple of days before he's back to normal. You guys hang in there- we love you!

Heidi said...

Poor kid! He weighs a little more than Preston, which Preston is skinny so I hope Carter fattens up soon. If I were him I'd be downing choc milk shakes. But I do feel for him...I had my tonsils taken out right after I got married and it took me FOREVER to recover and eat good again.

Yea for Jackson's good counts. That is great news.

melanie said...

I'm so glad you posted again because these are the saddest photos I've ever seen!! I hope that sad boy is eating more today. Easter time is one of my best weight gains of the year. They have the best candy, maybe it will mask the smell in his froat.