Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chemo round 11 day 2

Jackson's port is getting tired of hanging out in the same old spot so it has decided to float around just a titch.  The just a titch move put it directly under the scar tissue from his surgery to place the port.  So it made our nurse today very nervous to access his port.  She got the needle in and then couldn't get any blood return, after pushing in two syringes of saline she got good return so we could proceed.  The nurses call this a thirsty port, sometimes for whatever reason ( they know I'm sure/hope!) a port won't return any blood flow until lots of fluid has been pushed through.  Weird for Jackson as this has never happened for him before.  During Chemo today Zoe went to the sibling play room and she loved it.  Big plans for her to go back again tomorrow!
She made Jackson and I some "modern" clay art!

After Chemo we decided to really "torture" Jax and take him school clothes shopping at the factory outlets in North Bend.  I sometimes think he would rather have bamboo spears thrown at him.  I even made him try on jeans and shirts, call Child Protection Services!  Zoe and Jax are pretty well set for school and anything else Jax needs I will be getting WITHOUT him, it's annoying to have a teenager whine so much!

4 comments:

Beverley said...

Sounds like a rough day for Jax and a good day for Zoe. I am with you Jax I hate cloths shopping. Becky thanks for the great cookies for our trip they were so good I ate most of them before we got half way home my taste buds love you my growing body does not like you, but i love you all, thanks for keeping us so informed.

Louise said...

Tell Jax I have CPS on speed dial, if he is ever "forced" to shop for clothes again just call Grandma Louise for help. Avery is wondering where Zoe has disappeared to, too many boy cousins around here all of a sudden and today will bring 3 more boy cousins, yikes! Can't wait to meet up with you three on Sunday- have a great day, hope the "thirsty port" doesn't float too far today!

Holly said...

Rough day Jax? You could always donate your school clothes money to Sammi, I am sure she wouldn't mind! Glad you three are getting some good "bonding time." We are gearing up to come and crash your little party! See you tomorrow, or Sunday. You know...depending on flights!

Bonnie said...

Chemo and clothes-shopping? Too too cruel!