Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chemo round 11 day 3

I thought I published this post last night--that's what I get for thinking!  Zoe had a great time again in the sibling play room.  She told us one of the volunteers in there today was a blind man and he knew the funnest games.  In fact to quote her she said he was "off the hook cool".  What a compliment.  I don't think I could ever dream of being that cool!  We were at the hospital a long time today.  Appointment was at 1:30 and we didn't leave until 3:30.  Just a little waiting everywhere we went.  I was able to do a load of laundry at the family resource center however, so that was nice.  When we got back to the hotel after hitting the early Friday rush hour traffic---I have a talent for driving at the wrong time, don't I, the kids got  back in the pool.  I could tell Jackson was tired, but wanting to swim apparently won out.  They stayed in about an hour and then we did something kids in Royal City never get to do--we ordered delivery pizza!  Zoe was so excited, she waited by the window 30 minutes for the delivery guy to drive up, when he did she met him several doors down from ours in the hotel hallway shoving his tip in his face!  I could tell Jackson thought she was nuts. Jax ate some and was asleep by 7pm, not to be heard from the rest of the night (well I did have to wake him up for his shot and meds) it's now almost 8am and he is still out.  I'm wondering how he will do at our family reunion--starts tomorrow and goes all next week.
Lastly, we have passed this barge with this crane thingy on it twice a day, since Tuesday.  It is right off the Gov. Rosellini bridge(or Evergreen Point Floating Bridge, which is the longest floating bridge on EARTH thank you very much Gov. Rosellini) on the 520 highway.  Looks like huge spools of cable are on it and every day, twice a day I tell the kids "I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S DOING!"  Does anyone else have a different answer for them?!

2 comments:

Jen and Brandon said...

You've got to love the little pleasures in life, who would have thought that delivery pizza was one of those! Have a good time this week!

The Colwell family said...

Hey! We still follow your blog and pray for you guys =) We had our baby...a little boy named Benjamin Isaiah. We were wondering when you'd be at the seattle hospital next?