Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10=40 years?


The numbers add up to 30 but, in fact I am 40 today.  Oh well, I've looked into it and there is nothing I can do about it!  Last week was wild in four days we had 9 games to attend.  Some at the same time, I only saw 5 of them but to be honest I felt like I had not missed any of them!!  I loved complaining about it last week but in reality I was fine with it.  I knew it was Carter and Zoe's last week of soccer and I really enjoy Sammi's volleyball and Jackson's football games.  For the next 13 or so years I will happily attend every game my kiddos are in.  Still Friday night after the football game in Yakima it was wonderful to stay in town with no kids---just Michael and I.  We stayed at the Rosedell Bed and Breakfast and as is becoming the custom with me we met with the "colorful" folks! 

If you remember last year Jax and I stayed in a hotel for Chemo and ended up at the hotel while it had a Burlesque Dancer convention there.  Weeeelllll our Bed and Breakfast hotel owner/hostess was, up till a year ago, and bartender/"dancer" (her quotes not mine) in Vegas.  Her husband was helping her, but now he is back in Vegas because he works for the Sultan of Brunei, and Prince Jeffery need him at the mansion in Vegas---of course your standard ho/hum couple!  Also staying at the Rosedell was a couple who were ghost hunting, but luckily enough Michael and I were staying in the Turret room and only the Red Room is haunted-phew!  You can't make this stuff up.  We got to church in time and then tonight we were supposed to go to Courtney's for Sunday dinner.  When we got there I walked in to 75 people yelling "surprise".  I was VERY!  It was embarrassing to be the guest of honor but so fun to have so many people I love all together.  There was lots of yummy food and a chocolate fountain, and Courtney had everything set up so darling.  Lesa Buster and Katie Allred made a DVD of pictures of me and that was so fun too.
The bigger picture is of me in a wig when I was four---Dylan Allred wants to know if I still have that wig!
My star, I wonder if Courtney will leave it up forever.
Somehow a pirate "crashed" the party.  He was so cute we let the little bootlegger stay.
Jackson's best buddy in the world turned 15 today---for his birthday I surrounded him with beautiful girls and took his picture--your welcome Bud.
Kids had Mac and Cheese, and other snacks in the garage, along with a game of water toy sword fighting.
What can I say---love you Courtney, Mom, Lesa and everyone who made 40 fabulous.  Now I've got to go live it up!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Does go live it up mean you're going to get 40 winks? Hahaha. Happy birhtday, Becky!
We celebrated a birthday here, too. Colin turned 23 on 10/10/10.

Shannon said...

Love the B&B! Good job, Michael! I wish I could have been at your big shindig - you are very loved and it would have made me happy to see all your fans swooning over you! Hbty! :)

Miller Family said...

I still laugh when I think of you and Jackson and the Burlesque Dancers. Only you guys huh?! What a great surprise for you! Had I known about the party I would have been there to help you celebrate! Happy 40th Becky! I am almost there myself!

Brenda said...

Haha! I knew! But was super bummed that I wasn't there. Tell me you didn't go to stake standards night! And mega kudos to Courtney. I was on the phone with her Friday talking her off the ledge. She really went all out for you...Shannon's right, YOU ARE LOVED!

The McGary's said...

Is all I can say is you make 40 look great!!

Holly said...

This is EXACTLY why it sucks to live so far away. Oh how I wanted to be there! Hope your day was as FABULOUS as you are. I love you so much! Happy 40th!!

The Noftles said...

Happy 40th birthday...I am a few days late! Hope you had fun!!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! Cool birthdate this year. We thought of coming, but Melanie was our representative. :) Looks fabulous though. Courtney did a great job.

That B&B sounds SCARY! Good stories to tell though. ha ha.

Heather said...

Happy 40! You wear it well! So glad you have great friends and an awesome sis in law and Mom. They rock! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. Love ya!