Monday, October 25, 2010

Harvest Ball

On  Saturday October 16th the Noftle's, Andersens, Jenks, Allreds, and Stewarts attending the 25th Harvest Ball put on by the Tri-Cities guild in support of Seattle Children's Hospital.  Jackson and several others were featured patients, and Jax had the job of introducing the keynote speaker.
Regular sized Jackson standing next to Giant Jackson!


In front of the dessert table, I look much happier when I am in front of the dessert table. 

                                                                          Our table
                                                   Just like I set the table for dinner at home.
                         This was a black tie optional event---we were the only ones who optioned out!
                                 Jackson and Grandma Louise, enjoying the $100.00 a plate event.
                   Justin and Heather--they proved their friendship--who else would give up a Saturday night to see some sweet, elderly, lady, skin spilling out of formal gowns?
Miss. Maddie--at some point I have got to get her and Jax together for fun before these events happen so she will like him enough to go on stage with him--it would make them both less self-conscious.

Let me put the menu down just in case any of you were looking for a dinner idea for tonight:
Appetizer--Buttered seared scallops in a sweet pea puree, micro basil, fried proscuitto and truffle oil with little acorn cracker     Salad--malabar, golden pea tendril, sweet tango and mizuna wrapped in cucumber with harvest apples, foil brick blue and candied walnuts served with house vinaigrette      Intermezzo--green gage plum sorbet      Entree--nouvelle mixed grill, roasted veal loin filled with chantrelle herb mousse, tasmania ocean salmon, morel glace de' viande, sweet walla walla onion cream, classic pear potato, butternut in grand mariner caramel cream, fresh white and green asparagus in roma ring, fresh baked dinner rolls with butter.
Flaunting her "black tie" beauty---I will forever be upset that I didn't snap a picture of Courtney as each course of the meal was served---little Miss Smiley here got more peeved looking with each dish---she wanted the happy meal apparently!
                  Dessert Dashing Dad, making Courtney smile about the food for the first time all night!
                                           Jackson doing his part for Seattle Children's hospital.
                                         He introduced himself as "Jackson Noftle" or Mr. January in your calendars!
            Jax and two other patients--who missed their high school homecomings to help with the fundraiser.
Maddie and her Grandma Nany--luckily I had the Star Wars book in my purse---I really should clean that out before black tie events---put the Iliad and the Odyssey in, or something more highbrow!

                       The Invitations to the event had Jackson and Maddie (they are hard to see but trust me not my photography skills!)on them---not bad that they made both "designs" since there were 25 kiddos.
Beautiful Maddie and her heart buddy Teagen grace the cover of this years Calendar--so young to have a cover shot already, I'm still waiting for mine.

And Mr. January himself lives in my house---I'm honored, I really am.  Nights like tonight bring back to me what an amazing kid Jackson is, what he has endured, since the age of 4,  and the kicker is -- what he has to still endure in his future.  He is my hero.  Thanks Mom, Dad, Courtney, Justin and Heather for paying threw the nose to support Jackson tonight.

8 comments:

Beverley said...

i love seeing these pics, so cute and fun, wish we could have been there to help, how do I get my copy of Mr. January's calender? Jax is our hero too, luv ya.

Miller Family said...

What a handsome guy and a great family and friend support group he has!! Where do we get the calendar so we can get it autographed by Jackson?

Granny DeeAnn said...

Hurry January is almost here. We all want a calendar! Can we get them at Hallmark? What a great event. What a menu..... Sounds like something off of a Top Chef war. You're a champ Jax! Love u all!

Louise said...

It was an honor to be in the presence of Mr. January and Miss Maddie all evening, kind of took the pain off the less than mediocre most expensive food I've ever eaten! As much as Jax was dreading that little speech he did us all proud!!

Holly said...

Seriously...do they sell the calendars? I want one of those! Wish I could have been there to hear Jacksons little speech. I bet he was great. Can't wait to see you guys! Love ya!

Brenda said...

Okay, the food sounded fancy, but mom just called it "less than mediocre". They should have had dad grill up some Sammy's steaks with Spade L to give it that extra kick. And I'm honored to say, I've changed Mr. January's diaper. Multiple times.

Heidi said...

I'm with Courtney...bring on the Happy Meal. :) That food sounds interesting! Glad you guys had a good time though. Those invites and calendars look amazing. How neat he made both of them.

Katie said...

That looks like an amazing event. I also think that the menu really does sound like it was worth $100 a plate (contrary to what Courtney may have thought).