Sunday, October 3, 2010

How about a little homecoming, a little birthday party, a little road trip, and to wrap things up a wedding??

I specialize in wordy titles if you were wondering.  O.K. hold on to your sideburns, here we go...
The week of September 20-24 was homecoming week in Royal City.  We enjoyed Pajama Day (Sammi snuck out without a pj picture)
Then the High School had Disco day and the Middle School had "Color" day ...(8th graders were gray and green?? go figure)


 Then the high school had generation day, the Freshman were the Babies (big surprise!) and the middle school had Hawaiian day---again Sammi eluded me, it's starting to feel personal.
 The next day was crazy hair/hat day at the Middle School and Movie day at the High School, the freshman were to dress like "Lord Of The Rings"--I'm still looking for the twisted mind that picked that impossible movie---what are you supposed to pull out of the closet for that movie??

The freshman also did their freshman duties by losing at boys volleyball, powder puff football, and the bed races.  Ahhhh the good times of being a freshman, thank heavens they only come once.
  Carter Allred's baby crib, re-crafted by freshman craftsman, Michael Valentine.  Maybe they should start a furniture business....


I bought these "solid gold dancer" leggings thinking ahead to all the many, many spirit dress up days ahead---what are other people buying those leggings for??
           Jackson's hair was black and gold---this led to a mistake I made later that same day.

And here is the mistake, I let the three little munchkins paint their hair for the football game Friday night.  Black was everywhere, on all our clothes, all over their faces, on my walls, ALL over my bathroom.   But no worries, my tears of regret were enough to clean the tub out.
Then on Sunday the Washington version of this gorgeous girls tenth birthday.  Sierra Joli Noftle=10 years old, I can't believe it either.
 We invited this chick, she smiles like a winner and knows the Happy Birthday song--perfect guest.
Aftyn let the rest of her family come too--Adalynn was dressed in all blue--she never let's us down in her dressing blue "phase".
Carter and Zoe wrestling on Sierra's new bedding, it's cute bedding, the fighting gets a little worn looking.
Sammi is trying to prove that watching cake boss isn't a waste of her time---so she made Sierra's cute cake.
When we got to Utah on Monday Sierra was surprised with a birthday party at Grandma Beve's house.  Grandma even invited Aunt Holly and Aunt Heather's families.  As an added bonus Magen's baby, Taytum Tank, allows all my little kiddos to cart him around, they loved it.
                                                      Some of the party attendees...
Tuesday morning we took the kids and Marci and Dallas took the Freeland kids and we all went to "This is the Place Park".  Mountain man taught us how to melt lead to make our own bullets.
We panned for gold.

                   Traded our gold nuggets for commodities (otherwise known as candy).
                                         Rode the wild horses of the west----"Chip and Dale".

Learned that there was a day when doing laundry was even worse than it is today---thank heavens for electricity and front loading machines.

We played hoops and sticks, and sometimes we dropped hoops and sticks, sometimes we caught hoops....


Carters' gold nugget smile reminds me of a toothless mountain man smile....
We went to the village blacksmith shop--you know errands to run metal to bend yada yada yada
                                     We happily took care of all the stock around the place....


Oh, and we done got ourselves some learnin' in at the ole schoolhouse, highly educated pioneers now.
Some did leather stamping, some (little Billy) hit Zoe in the nose with their mallets, to each their own!

But Tuesday night was the real reason for the trip---these two lovebirds tied the knot.  Your looking and Mathew and Gina Noftle.  I think she is going to love us--what's not to love!
At least Uncle Mason wore a tie to the wedding (kind of!), Carter flatly refused--he does have shoes on though, baby steps, baby steps.
Carter's favorite dessert in the world---Cheese pie (cheesecake).
These last two pictures were out of order, they refused to comply and I gave up--go ahead call me a quitter. 
Now I am caught up--until tomorrow.

6 comments:

Beverley said...

Thanks so much for all the great fun pictures and I didn't show up in done, thank you for that. I was so great to have you guys come, I know it ment a lot to Mathew and Gina and we loved seeing you all again.

Brenda said...

Well done sister, well done. And Sammi, can I borrow some gold leggings. I have just the outfit for it.

Louise said...

Fun times again! However, Dexter may hate you forever for that next to the last picture, or is it my imagination?

The McGary's said...

How do you do it? Your a great Mom! Why don't you slow down so you don't make me look so bad:)

melanie said...

Nice post, love the details. You have some spirited children and they have a very awesome mother!!

I was wondering the same thing about Dexter. You better earn some good aunt points somehow!

Wenni Donna said...

Woah! That’s a lot and I am sure it would have been great fun. I have to share this post with my friends because soon I am going to married and that too on my birthday. It is going to be a big weekend for my friends and cousins. I have already started to shortlist some nice New York venues for the event.