Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Farewell Summer Break 2012---we'll miss you

Sammi learned to use a bar-b-que grill in August....

she was quietly humble about her new skills--NOT!

Matt and I traded kids, he took my baby boy camping and I took his baby girl, and had to fight Sierra and Zoe for a chance to hold Anistynn, she is very popular with our family

Jackson had a final merit badge to finish in order to FINALLY finish his eagle packet.  A 20 mile hike in one day.  It was gently suggested that he could get a simpler accommodation for this badge since his balance is that of a drunken geriatric patient (no offense to all you drunken geriatric patients who read this blog) and he is currently going through Chemo.  He not so gently said I don't need any accommodations thanks anyway (except he forgot the thanks anyway).  So he picked the hottest Saturday (I'm not exaggerating that--over a 100 degrees for one of the few times this summer) we've had in Royal this summer and with family at all times, and usually some friends we started out....

 g
Here are some of the people who supported his 20 miler, Carter, Grandma Louise, Tanner, Sierra, Aunt Courtney, Krista Smith, Sammi, Seila, Kayla, Adalynn, Avery, and Louden.  Spencer Fielding also helped Jax finish off the last grueling 4 miles.  Michael was the only one to walk all 20 miles with him.  I made 15 miles, and I cried to think how amazing he was to keep going, I felt like my legs were jello.  But he kept going--part miracle, part Jackson's core athlete at it's best.

Jackson even jogged the last little bit of the 20th mile.  I wish my camera could have captured the exhaustion on his face.  I might have been able to zoom and focus better if my trigger finger hadn't cramped up during my 15 miles.  If not for the finger I could've done the 20 miles easy.  It took Jackson 6 hours and 4 minutes to do the 20 miles.
Aftyn showing Jackson how proud she is ---- this is actually a big deal.  Jackson tries to get Aftyn on his good side but she is usually all "talk to the hand" with him!
Next up the Relief Society Mother / Daughter activity.  It is a back to school fashion show that the little girls all love but they get too shy to be 1st---so a big girl (aka Sammi) had to show them "waz up".  Shy isn't a word I would use to describe Sammi.
My Zoe wearing JEANS.  JEANS people, do you know jeans have a button and Zoe has successfully evaded button wearing for going on 9 years--but this year JEANS.  Did I mention Zoe agreed to JEANS this year?
Sierra getting her sticker award from big sis.  Sierra is starting Middle School--pause for gasps.
3 Generations---some of us have been back to school shopping for over 1/2 a century (don't worry I won't name any names, Mom).
Carter is my party planner.  He decided he needed a play date with his buddies and their little brothers.  So that meant he needed a little brother, luckily our new neighbor Jerry was willing.  PHEW!
Sierra was making comments while I took the picture above, they retaliated after I clicked.  I think they are telling her to kindly keep your comments to yourself next time.

1 comment:

Louise said...

You guys really made the most of your summer, from the Bike a thon to Nauvoo to Utah a couple of times, chemo a couple of times and a 20 mile walk for the ND CNS LCH boy to a fashion show and an all boy party and everything in between, PHEW! Glad I don't have to keep up with you!!