Friday, August 31, 2012

Histio Round 3 Chemo Round 7 Days 1 & 2

I wanted to post this after our back to school theme post, and our first day of school post, but blogger hates me and is only loading 1 picture per half a day.  At this rate I should have those posts up when I post the pictures of my Grandkids.   Jackson's chemo round started on the first day of school this time.  I was so upset---I don't like to miss chemo, I always think its nice to take your son to his cancer treatments---I also don't like to miss the first day of school for my kids---rock / hard place / me (name that t.v. show).  Michael arranged to take Jackson to chemo this round and it is a good thing we have unlimited text and cell calls!!  I'm not trying to be annoying but its a little hard for me this week.  Anyway I've gotten a few calls from people wondering how it was going (which thank you all for remembering him!!) so I decided I better at least get this post up no matter how blogger was treating me.  Jackson is doing well his ANC was 3.7 on Wednesday so he was easily a go for chemo.  That Neulasta shot seems to be heaven sent to us.  He has felt fine/tired but good overall.  Chemo & IVIG the first day.  Chemo day 2 and then again today.  After chemo today Michael and Jackson are going to drive to Cascade and meet us at the first Royal Knight Football game of the season.  I've been wondering how that will be for Jackson.  Last year in uniform, this year not.  He has secured a promise from us that we will drive to every game after Friday chemo and then drive back to finish Saturday and Sunday chemo.  Can't wait to hug him tonight!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Give him a hug from me too! Love you all!

Bonnie said...

Go Noftles go! Cheering you on, as well as the Royal Knights!

Louise said...

It was great to see him across the field by the team, even if he wasn't in uniform- it was a fun game to watch! Can't wait until he's home tomorrow!! (oh, and Michael too) oops!