Wednesday, October 31, 2007

No Kidding He Does!




Yes it's true, Carter does still live with his parents. If he were the only one then there would be no problem. PROBLEM--a whole lotta other kiddos live here too. Not only do they live here, but they want food here, and homework help here, and laundry services here, and entertainment here, and transportation here... About three weeks ago I was asked to be Primary President and Sunday the 28th I was sustained. I can't tell you how much time I have spent dealing with that. I had to come up with new counselors, secretary and music person plus replace 6 of the 8 teachers. Consequently my blogging has suffered immensely, apologies to Brenda. If you want to try and get me excused from this time consuming ordeal please do. I am deathly afraid come this sunday Primary as Royal II Ward knows it will come screeching to a horrific halt. I am completly changing every schedule, sharingtime, classroom, etc... You can see how things might get a teensy bit, hmmm, what's the word??? Kerflummexed? You see all you people out in Blogville, Brenda has learned what not to do by reading my blogs. For instance she knows not to teach four preschool classes a week, volunteer in kids classrooms, hold two hour presidency meetings, have an oldest daughter come down with fifths disease (I should publish a picture of her RED face for ya all), have 5 children, a home, and a husband who is almost 80% decorative. Come November thru April (irrigation design season for you City folks) he is 98% decorative. How will Brenda know to avoid all those pitfalls without me blogging, how indeed. Good luck little sis you might be on your own. P.S. Do read twilight, new moon, and eclipse (ooops did I give away that I had time to read but not blog?)

3 comments:

melanie said...

Primary president, huh? I'm only the 2nd counselor and we did the same thing to our ward in March. It has been so much better, the kids are actually learning now. With teachers that show up (um, most of the time). Sometimes wards just need a revolution. You'll be awesome at it.

So you read the trilogy? Come on, post your thoughts...

Shannon said...

I just started the second book. Have you seen Stephenie Meyers web site? Very interesting - and a movie is in the works!

Have fun in primary! I think the hardest part of primary is not the children - it is dealing with the adults! May you always have teachers, nursery workers, cub leaders, etc. that care about their calling!

Holly said...

Carter is so stinking cute! He soo reminds me of Tyson at that age. Good luck with primary. It can't be as bad as YW. Holy cow that calling is trying to kill me right now! Iv'e learned to say no once in a while to meetings, trainings, activites, etc.. ...it feels pretty good. Just don't let it take you 2 years to figure out like it did me! The kids are so luck to have you!