Thursday, May 8, 2008

Piano players and Roadsters











Interesting title you say, well read on dear readers. I am attempting to make a piano recital and a road trip to Utah fit into one blog. That's madness(!!!), I know, but I must try. Jackson and Sierra have been taking piano from Whitney Christensen for 2 years now. She comes to our house and it couldn't be easier for me. All of the sudden she is a graduating Senior and she thinks she needs to move on with her life and go to BYU--excuse me? I suppose I will never find another teacher who does house calls. Except Sammi's violin teacher does house calls too, maybe everyone will just have to play violin....Anyhooo here are a couple of pictures from their last recital with Whitney. Sierra's hairdo courtesy Aunt Courtney, of course!


Now for the seamless segway into our roadtrip to Utah.....Sierra, Mom, Dad, and I went to Utah. Hmmm that wasn't as hard a transition as I thought it might be. We left Thursday night, stayed in Boise and arrived in Utah Friday afternoon. On Friday we went to Kylie and Sydney's swim meet. My first ever swim meet. Holy cow. That is seriously the longest pool I have ever seen. I know I would of drowned doing what the girls did. Each length of the pool is about 2 miles, give or take a few. I was very impressed. Saturday was a weight watcher busting brunch (sooo worth it) at Heather's and then Wesley's baptism. I took a cute picture (not to brag or anything) of the cousins who are all getting baptized in the next 12 months. From left to right Preston (Brenda's oldest), Sierra (my middle princess), Wesley (Heather's oldest), and Tyson (Holly's baby). After the baptism we went to Braxton's soccer game, got the world's worst service at a Sonic drive in, went to Wesley's soccer game, then sent all the men and boys (except Dexter who belongs with his mother according to his father!) to a pro soccer game with David Beckham in SLC. The women and girlies went to the mall and out for Dinner. Good times, good times. Sunday it was the dreaded 12 hour drive back home. Even with car sickness and 24 hours of driving I think it was super fun for Sierra. This middle, mellow, child seldom receives so much attention. In fact, in the 24 hours of driving she slept 20 minutes of it! She had so much to say and no competition to get it said! I have decided traveling as a mother of one is way better than traveling with the full monte---I pledge to leave four at home with their father whenever he will agree to it which is probably not in the near future, if my predictions are correct (not to brag or anything but they usually are)!

5 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Road trips with multiple kids is a nightmare to say the least. Sounds like you had a great time. Jackson and Sammi are growing way too fast. They will have to play for me next time I am there. Have a "wonderful" week end with most of the mothers you know. If you know what I mean. Not to brag or anything but we do have a "unique mother in our extended family"... know what I mean? Wish I could be there. tee, hee :)

The Noftles said...

Hey! When are you guys coming in July? For how long?

Holly said...

We are so glad you guys made the trip. It was a blast!! Love you all!

Louise said...

It was a great trip, thanks to Holly and Heather for being great hostesses. Not to brag or anything DeeAnn, but there is a possibility that Grandma's will will be changed after this weekend, with all those in attendance at the siding/painting project being the new favorites!! tee, hee. Seriously, wish you could be here. Louise

Heather said...

SO glad you guys made the trip. It was so much fun, and it makes me miss you all even more. Glad I could talk you into the mizithra cheese- it was yummy. Guess I won't be able to pull that trick again. It only works once. Can't wait to see Grandma's house- finished product.