Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So on the day after the Anniversary....

So you have all had a few days to digest our Anniversary day that was tragically disruppted by a rude mini-van. I didn't want to upset you all needlessly so I waited to post these next tragic pictures. Carter has learned an important life lesson. Stay away from kids swinging metal bats. Good lesson to learn. He looked like a soldier leaving the front lines, shirt and pants covered in blood, gaping gash, hands and face smeared in blood. I threw a washrag on his head and carried him to the car all the while telling Michael, "don't look, don't look" and Michael is saying, "don't worry I won't" (He is a BIT squeamish about blood) so I took my war torn baby down to the clinic and he got........1 stitch! I told him to pout in one of the pictures. He was grinning from ear to ear--he doesn't know how to work a crowd for sympathy at all. Hopefully the eye will be unblack and stitch out and all cleaned up for Aunt Magen's wedding this Saturday.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

What a tough little dude. Not the smartest if he really is walking into swinging metal bats, but tough nonetheless.

Heather said...

He's cuter than a little pouting boy should be. Is this his first stitches?? Dexter beat him by getting his first set at 9 months old!! Can't wait to see you guys :D

Louise said...

I've seen him several times since the "tragic event" and he's been smiling every time. I don't think he's figured out yet how to milk these situations to his advantage. Oh well, he is dang cute!

Shannon said...

He couldn't be any cuter! I hope it leaves an awesome scar!

I am with Michael - no thanks on looking at open wounds. I grated my thumb on the cheesegrater last week and could barely stand to look at myself for several days. lol.

Miller Family said...

What is it with the youngest child who's names begin with "C"? Glad to hear Carter is okay. Stitches, bruises, scars...they must all be some right of passage for boys (and men).

Worsham Family said...

His first war wound :) I sure that scar will make him even cuter! I think his mamma needs cupcakes for all she has to deal with!!!

Katie said...

Ok, so I'm caught up with the Noftle news... Happy Anniversary! Sorry about your crappy van troubles and glad you and Micheal had a get-away adventure! Cahtah (this is how his buddy Cade refers to him) is too cute with his little stictched up eye. He's a tough little bugger! His dad, well...he could take some tips from Cahtah! Have a great weekend Miss Becky!

Granny DeeAnn said...

That frown/hurt face is a crack-up! I still think he looks so much like Grandpa Kent. Is Carter a no sense no feeling kind of kid? lol Sorry about your van story. I hate car trouble. Kiss Carter's boo boo better for Aunt Dee Ann

melanie said...

The fake pout is so dang cute. No wonder this kid is wrapped around everyone's finger.

Was there a black eye for the wedding?