Monday, August 2, 2010

Birch Bay Family Reunion

Saturday after Chemo (see how I am acting like I am not 3 weeks behind--tricky huh!) we met Michael, Sammi, Sierra, Carter, Kylie and Sydney at Southcenter.  After excited squealing--mostly by Michael, he misses me when I'm gone, we drove to the airport to pick up Brian, Holly and Tyson.  Holly hadn't seen her girls for a couple of weeks so there was excited squealing at the airport too.  Then we all started the trek North towards Birch Bay where the family reunion was set to start tomorrow.  It was squealing again the next day when the 29 of us were reunited and the fun began!  The only person missing was Brenda's husband, Trevor--darn work got in his way.
Uncle Matt teaching a Family Home Evening Lesson

Brenda delighted by Matt's lesson apparently---this is not how friendly FHE was when we were growing up I assure you!

We discovered how we are going to make our money back on Carter--Frisbee.  We will be rich if anyone can show us Frisbee competitions that pay out the big bucks.

After the rousing Number game the kiddos played cups--Carter and Avery look serious about it.

Zoe was so pleased to get her cup tower built that she didn't really want  to take it down.  I'm thinking Carson won this round.

The men were playing Frisbee football after FHE so the girls decided to get rough and tough looking so they could join in.  However, they spent so long getting primped for the game the game was over when they were finally ready.  (From left to right Abigail, Kylie, Adalynn, Sierra,Sammi, Sydney, and Zoe)

Not every family has paparazzi at their reunions but we do.  Aunt Brenda and her camera seldom miss a memory.

The condos were right by the beach and we went every day.  The kids can support us all if we lose our day jobs, by digging clams, they found hundreds.  Here is a picture of Aftyn watering the beach?!

The animal whisperer Zoe with a baby crab--how she spots those microscopic things is beyond me.

Sierra, Sammi, Carter, Tyson, and Kylie on the beach.

Adalynn liked Sammi to take her for walks and "show her stuff".
The "tall ships" came into Birch bay so here are the Noftle's in front of one that we toured.  Michael and Sammi had to leave on Wed.  Michael for summer irrigation meetings in Virginia and Sammi for girls camp--so this picture shows "the ones who remained".
We also hiked Deception pass, I have proudly passed on my fear of heights in precarious situations to Sierra apparently.
Jackson kept two hands on Carter when we walked over this bridge--probably a good idea since the Cougar man didn't inherit my height phobia.
It was so great to be with everyone.  Lot's of late nights, and smelly, sandy, things but so great.  I have pictures of our dinner with some of our parents friends, and the baby sea lion on the beach, but that camera eludes me for the moment--so soon the reunion will have a Part 2 post!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Hey you me be 3 weeks behind...but you are the first one to post the family reunion, so apparently we are all OVER 3 weeks behind! It was seriously SO SO SO FUN! Wish we could just all live there at Birch Bay together! Miss you guys!

Heidi said...

Looks and sounds like a fun time! You are so creative on how you describe things...it makes me laugh. :)

Heather said...

You inspired me to try to get my post up today. Well- maybe tomorrow :) Sure do miss you guys!

Brenda said...

At least I have an excuse why I'm not posting. What's up twins? I wish I knew what was so funny at FHE. I could use a laugh right now. But visualizing Courtney's foot filings is making me feel better. I feel a smile creeping in.

Louise said...

Think of the situation as we got off the elevator after the pedicures Brenda, that will make you smile too- ahhh memories!!