Friday, March 9, 2012

Histio part 3 Chemo round 1 day 3

The headache is still with us.  It's been with Jackson so constantly I feel like we should give it a name and offer it lunch.  Jackson has determined it only hurts when he is sitting up, walking, or his Mom makes him leave his hotel bed!  So if he can conduct life from bed , then we are golden!  He wouldn't eat any dinner last night because he said his head hurt so bad he wasn't even hungry????   I don't understand, if my head hurts--I eat.  If my head doesn't hurt--I eat.  If there is a moon in the night sky---I eat.  No moon---I eat.  It's simple.  Anyhow... today about an hour into Chemo the boy decided NOW he was hungry and he wanted chicken strips.  Ever eager to do something, (it's true in this case at least!) I hustled down to the hospital cafeteria to get us lunch.  On my way back I saw a bunch of little kids getting off an elevator.  It seemed they were all little girls, so cute.  Then I saw a lady who looked like Courtney, then a girl who looked like Zoe, then it dawned on me--I am related to that group of cuties!  Mom, Courtney, Sierra, Zoe, Carter, Avery, Adalynn, Aftyn, and Anistynn surprised Jax and I with a visit today!  So fun, the nurses told Jackson he set the record for the most people in his infusion room.
The arrival to Jackson's infusion room-we were little wall to curtain people in there!

I know I have 3 of basically the same picture but look how happy Jackson is in all of them--so nice to see him forget about his headache for a bit.

                                                                    Still smiling
              Looking proud and happy here too.  I should pay Anistynn for her therapy, it's effective!
 This little turkey-lurkey was full of quotables today.  Like Aunt Becky this is hosbible, not the swimming pool.  She also told everyone in the restaurant bathroom at dinner that she HATES RED (the stalls were red) and I told her just pretend it's dark pink then, and she declared loudly, I can poop if its dark pink, but this is red. Oh well, I tried.
The kids weren't sick, they took the masks to play surgeon.  All the kids except Jackson wanted to ride the shuttle back to the hotel with me.  They cheered when the shuttle driver pulled up.

             The shuttle driver said he has never been cheered before, he took a liking to this crew.
Avery declared the shuttle ride, and being in the wheelchair were making this the "best day ever".  Weirdo!

They loved the seat belts because they buckle so wrong and attach high up.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a fun surprise!

Louise said...

It WAS fun Bonnie, and Jackson is such a good sport to tolerate all the chaos. To top it all off there was a beautiful full moon in the sky on the way home. Aftyn was really intrigued that we kept "losing it" behind the mountains!