Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day of Rest

If I had the time to read scriptures on Sunday maybe I could find out who falsely advertised this whole "day of rest" thing. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but my Sunday's are far from a day of rest. Get up at 7ish and get myself showered and hair "done"(that's for another blog--if my hair were "done" then I wouldn't have to mess with it every day, would I?). Then I make my first wake up pass of the house, hit the husband , open the kiddos bedroom doors with a sweet sounding "morning baby girl", or "morning baby boy", depending on what lies beyond that particular door. Then back upstairs to start a pan of cinnamon rolls. Then I go to the still snoring husbands side again and shove a little harder and give him talk 336 B which in a nutshell ( oh did I mention I shelled walnuts today?) is "Sunday should be a day to sleep in for me too and maybe if you would get up and get ready and help with the kids a little more....yada yada yada"....you get the idea of 336 B. Then I go downstairs and stick my head in the same bedrooms and say a lot less sweetly "come on it's Church Day get up and get going". Back up stairs to get the cinnamon rolls out of the oven and frosted. Back downstairs to bribe with the afore mentioned cinnamon rolls, always works on Zoe and Sierra, and 90% of the time on Jax and Sammi. Back upstairs where my future dock worker voice comes out on the husband which invariably wakes up the two year old who is usually in my bed on my pillow, but on the rare occasion just across the hall from my room anyway. Throw cinnamon rolls and milk at the kids, put on church tights, negotiate church outfits, (these are serious negotiations by the way), threaten the husband with serious bodily harm, do hair on three girls and two boys, beg five children to brush teeth and get their church shoes, pack snacks, and coloring books, and quiet books (HAHAHA), potty training emergency supplies, primary lesson paraphanalia, load kids in car seats, run back in to military march the husband down to the car. Get in the car intervene in half a dozen arguments on the way to church and then realize while walking into church that I forgot somehow to put a bra on today. The Husband says "how old are you" and the kids laugh and say "what were you doing all morning Mom jeez". Haven't even entered the church yet but there is no way this is a day of rest!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

LOL! I'm so happy you blog! I'm just sitting here grinning. Just so happy! Sorry about your day though.

Holly said...

I love reading your blogs. You make my life seem so simple! Someday you will look back and find all of this stuff funny. We think it is funny now! Give everyone loves for us!

Shannon said...

Really, no bra? lol. Did you go back home to get one?

ps will you please make me some cinnamon rolls?

The Monson Crew said...

Okay Becky,

So I am officially addicted to your blog. I have come back every day with anticipation to read what will happen next in the life of Becky Noftle and all those kids of yours. I hate to say it but I find much entertainment from it. Please, please, please for all of our sakes keep typing!!!! =)
Chelsea (Brenda's sister-in-law)

melanie said...

Becky, you are so funny! Your Sundays sound just like the ones that go on around here. In fact, I'm dreading tomorrow for this very reason. Last week the arguing continued through sacrament with glares and eye rolls. I know a proud moment for our family, HA!

Good luck tomorrow, don't forget your bra!