Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Girls' Day Out!!




Woohoo!! That's right 5, count them 5, women escaped 18 children, 5 husbands, about 10 loads of laundry, and roughly 5 million "Mom, will you make me......" sentences. It was so much fun. We left at 8:00 am and at first had to suffer a not so perfect driver but then in Ellensburg we were dazzled and gratefully accepted the gift of a self proclaimed perfect driver. We went to IKEA and then to Target. Some of you out there in real cities might be saying, "IKEA and Target--sheesh try living some day" but you aren't from our fair town--so you just can't understand how thrilling it was. We dined at the oh so elegant IKEA restaurant and you can't see much food in the picture of that because, well, we ate it super fast and I don't have a speed setting on my camera. Anyway no spa treatments, waiters, or shopping bags with rope handles, but we are good---real good!!

12 comments:

Holly said...

FUN! I didn't realize you had no kids when you were on that trip. Glad you could get away! Miss you all!

Courtney said...

That was the best day! I must say we did have the perfect driver! No close calls at all! Fun times!

melanie said...

Such a happy day for you guys. And a jealous one for me since I'm not one of the 'city folk' either. You deserved every second of fun. Yeah for getaways!

The Noftles said...

That sounds like fun!! Girls day out is always nice!

Brenda said...

So, Mother was driving and you took over? I swear that woman doesn't even turn her neck to check for oncoming traffic. Glad you got the pictures working.

Shannon said...

Oh - that looks like fun! Were you in Seattle?

I love the shrimp open-faced sandwich at IKEA. The one with the hard boiled eggs. So good! And the lingonberry soda. I'm not a fan of the meatballs.

If it makes you feel better I don't have a Target nearby me anymore. It is like 15 minutes away now. lol.

Unknown said...

IKEA forever!!! It was a lot of fun...and I have to agree, we had the best driver ever and no, there were no close calls...WHAT!

Heidi said...

Fun! I hope you spent lots of money at IKEA and Target. Kyle hates that store so whenever I go it has to be alone or with other girls. brother... :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

I would have stayed home with the 18 kids! Next time call me........ I come pretty cheap! And no I haven't dropped off of the blog world Becky. Remember I'm old and I still work!

Louise said...

EXCUSE ME, WHATEVER!! I got us safely to Ellensburg with absolutely no problems!!! Now Courtney on the other hand..... anyway, it was a fun day for all. Mom/Louise

Becky Noftle said...

Brenda maybe mother doesn't turn her neck because you BROKE it for her!! Hmmmm Shannon the Target is 15 minutes how can you live there--shame crying shame. I have heard that they will deliver though!!

Lisa said...

Ikea and Target are 2 places where it's best not to take kids anyway. I always want to spend A LOT of time at both places.