Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Make a Wish First Visit

The brave women who found Royal City in the dark and then entered the Noftle Zoo at their own free will.

Turns out you can buy my children's love!

Last night we got some very welcome visitors--Tara and Lori from the Make A Wish Foundation. They brought a gift for each of the kids, which means they have Zoe's undying love and devotion. We filled out paperwork and they helped Jackson decide on a Wish and an alternate wish. They also got to see our kids pull out all their tricks that they reserve for new blood. Each of them had to choose which of Zoe's snowglobes were their favorite, Sierra displayed her talent of gluing herself to peoples sides and cuddling up, Jax and Carter showed how well they wrestle in the middle of the living room and Sammi pulled out her best one liners, and mentioned how if SHE had a wish the i-phone would be looking good in her hand! After they left Sierra wrote a story about "her life with Jackson" her words not mine and then told me I could print it in my blog!! So here it is spelling errors are hers--I can't take credit for those.
em>So I have a sibling Jackson he was diegnoast with cancer when he was 4. Now he is 14 and he is now having his second time of chemo. He is having a hard time butt I always remind him to go forwerd. He was cosen to have a tree at the hospitles festible of trees and he gets to have one wish. He can be all sorts of souper heros. He can go places like diny world or land and a foot ball game, florida, calafernya and thats not all of it. He can also viset somewon. We try as hard as we can to get him safe.

After Zoe heard me tell Sierra I would publish her letter on the family blog she ran off to Michael to dictate her letter:

So I have a sibling, Jackson. It is hard with four more siblings. There is Sammi, Jackson, Carter, Sierra, and Zoe. I am trying to remind him, don't let your heart fall. Keep it glowing. I am trying to keep this locked in my heart.

Pretty good stuff--I will try to remind Jax to keep it glowing every day too!!

8 comments:

Miller Family said...

Cool! I used to volunteer for The Starlight Children's Foundation out of Redmond and enjoyed my home visits. The best was when we presented the wish to the child and see their face light up. Can't wait to hear the Wish Jackson is granted. Yeah for higher counts too!!!

Holly said...

Soooo what was his wish? I think I know...but I need it confirmed please! We are sooo excited for you guys! I can't think of a more deserving boy than Jackson and a more deserving family. I am totally pumped for you! I Love Zoe's letter. Priceless.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Hmm.... Let's see, was the Las Vegas Strip in the wish list. How fun for all the siblings. Will Tara and Lori take the little turkeys and let you and Michael go to Maui? J/K Can I fit in your luggage? Love Sierra's sweet little note. Holly, does Heather have the brain today? J/K Maybe it is me!!!

Louise said...

Its great that Jackson's siblings are willing to help Jackson out by entertaining his guests. They are as outgoing and lively as Jackson is quiet and reserved when strangers are around. What a "blend" of personalities you have. You'll be in our prayers the next 4 days as always.

Brenda said...

That was awesome. All of it. Give those sweet girls hugs for me and tell Jax that it's totally cool to come visit me. I'm almost positive that's what he wished for...more Aunt Brenda time. Right? Good luck tomorrow, you're always in our prayers but on Chemo weeks we're a little more emphatic.

Beverley said...

That was so special, you have the greatest kids, I can come along on your trip to help babysit, lol. I need to make more time for those sweet grandkids, I love them so much even if I don't show it enough. Hope Jax gets what ever he wishes for even if it is a 22. Love ya

The McGary's said...

Those letters are so sweet, they made me smile:)!

Katie said...

Love Sierra's letter...so sweet. And how exciting!!! A wish on the horizon! Yay :) Can't wait to hear what it is! Praying for you this week Jackson. See you guys Sunday.
Our love and hugs...