Thursday, November 19, 2009

Round 3 Day 2


I had to drag Jackson out of bed at 9:30, he was muttering about calling the Commissioner of Seattle to complain about the non stop traffic noises all night. Hope he can find the number. His stomach hurts, and it looks like he has a sore on his tongue--lets' hope it doesn't get worse because right now it doesn't look too bad. I drug him to the mall so I could get some jeans that actually fit him and low and behold he still doesn't like to try on clothes or shop--he never has but I was still hopeful today. We had the "fun" nurses in Chemo today and I was asking them if they choose to work in Chemo and they all said "yes", they love it. I asked them why and they all basically said that kids are so hopeful and tough in Chemo. When you work in other areas of the hospital, like day surgery or short stay, the kids are whiny and grumpy because they obviously don't feel well, and they don't know how to deal with that. But the cancer kids are used to being tough and so positive. I am just so grateful for fun nurses that make the kiddos days better and more worth remembering.

8 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

What is it with men and malls in general? I think if it was Sammi, Sierra, or Zoe getting a new pair of jeans it would be a totally different experience. Jax you look debonaire in your Royal Knight beanie. Good job Gramma Great! I'm sure that's homework in those hands! lol The nurses are so kind and fun where the patients are getting chemo. Big teases. I'm lucky I only need to get iron by vein, Who couldn't like Jax. Need these updates Becky. When is his treatment in Dec. Maybe Aunt Dee Ann Could go with.CHIN UP!!!!! XOXOXO AD

Brenda said...

I can just hear him grumbling about the traffic. It's the Grandpa Kent in him. Here's hoping you get a better nights sleep. I'd feel bad for you but I'm pretty sure you're still getting more sleep than me, Jax. I'll call you tomorrow. Kisses.

Louise said...

It should be a prerequisite to have a fun nurse in chemo-especially for Jackson Noftle.

Heather said...

Did you get to sleep in until 9:30 too? Wouldn't that be a dream come true. Sending hugs and kisses your way!

Bonnie said...

Round three already? I checked out to get Shane off on his mission, and it came around fast! I hope the mouth sore clears up, the tummy ache disappears, the nurses keep the fun going, the neutrophils go up up up, and you're back home enjoying Thanksgiving with the family very soon!

Holly said...

You look great Jax! Keep it up buddy! You amaze me more every single day. But, be nice to your Mom....let her SHOP! Can't wait to see you again at Christmas!

melanie said...

I bet yoiu're so glad to be home tonight, your own bed! What a great message those nurses are saying about how we need to stay positive like the kids in chemo. I need to be that positive! Way to go Jax and Becky! Did you get the music figured out? If not, we'll have another lesson before December's visit. Love you guys!

Brooke said...

Hang in there Jax! We are all rooting you on back in good ol' Utah. We love you guys! xoxo