Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Festival with tree, ends up Chemo round 3!

Don't you love it when things rhyme? I apologize for not posting about the last two days of round 3 but the hotel Internet and I did not get along. First two days we were friends then after that not so much. He got a nice distraction on Friday when 4 gorgeous ladies clamored for his attention. Or if you want the bare facts we picked Courtney, Avery, Adalynn, and Aftyn up in North Bend and dropped them off at the airport in Seattle.

Then day four was fast because we had to check out of our Chemo hotel before treatment and then find the new hotel and get unloaded before the "troops" came. Grandpa Kent, Grandma Louise, Michael and the rest of the kids came over Saturday to attend the Seattle Children's Hospital Festival of Trees on Sunday. Except for walking a few unnecessary blocks in high heels (fancy hotels don't display their names like say Motel 6 does) it was a neat evening. This is a fund raising event for Children's Hospital and we were excited Jackson got to be a part of it. Although; it was another moment that made me pause and think(you all know how hard I avoid THAT!). I couldn't help but contemplate that MY KID is sick, my kid is sick enough to be a story for a hospital fundraising event. I cried when I saw his tree and story sign. Then I started reading the stories of the kids whose trees were next to Jackson's, and I had to stop because my vision was too impaired. Kids---hurt kids sick kids, it's too much some days.







For those of you who worried that all the attention would make Jackson think he is a "ladies man" don't worry, Maddie put him in his place!! I wanted a picture of Royal City's very own "red ribbon" (patients had red ribbon jingle bell necklaces, siblings of patients had green necklaces)patients but she was having second thoughts about the boy she would forever be linked to in that photo op! Between Maddie and Jackson we are paying enough to get a Royal City wing of the hospital---I'll invite you all the ribbon cutting ceremony!


Last but not least, because of the holiday tomorrow we had Jackson' blood drawn today. ANC-900 (low) WBC-3.0 (low) HCT-33.2 (low) PLT-269,000 (normal range) Any takers on how many day's of school he will miss in the next 3 weeks? Jackson said, "just quit drawing my blood and you won't have to worry about it Mom"! Well, why didn't I think of that!

9 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Looks like you are having too much fun. Hope Jax's counts are on the way up. He is in my thoughts and prayers multiple times a day as are you Becky.... I try not to bug you too much everytime I see you're online. It's fun talking to the kids. Happy Turkey Day all!!!

Beverley said...

Love the pics and thoughts, you guys are the greatest family. Wish we could be there but we are always there in spirit and love.

Jason Stewart Family said...

They did not write about how he is so special and the VP at school...or maybe they did and I didn't see it...but I speak for the whole school when we say we miss him soooo much when he is gone...I don't know how many times we have said "Where is Jackson?" Then we remember-- chemo...he is so missed when he is in Seattle.

Katie said...

I loved having these two be honoree's at the festival of trees. Fun for us "country bumpkins" to enjoy the elegant evening as well as rejoice in the fact that our kiddos were all there with us, when others weren't. Love you Becky and family... hoping Jackson's counts are rising as I type this!!!

melanie said...

Cute family photo, the bell necklaces choked me up. Love Katie's thoughts about both your kids being there with you that night. Definitely reason for rejoicing. Love the photo of the two of them, she's an adorable 2 yr old in the making, ha!

Hoping for better counts after the weekend. Love you!

Brenda said...

What a great night. Wish we could have been there too. Tell Jackson's blood counts to stop being so stinkin' lazy. They need to work a little harder. Note to my mother, for Christmas, Becky needs a new...nevermind. I've harped on this subject way too much. Love you guys!

Miller Family said...

Going from Maddie's blog, now to your blog, my vision is definitely blurred. When I read through all the trees, I was a blubbering mess at the end.
What a beautiful celebration of trees and the special people they represent. I thought of you guys over Thanksgiving and was praying you would have a fantastic day with family and Jackson would be able to eat all his favorite Thanksgiving foods. God is so Good! Keep the faith!

Brooke said...

Love all the pics. Hope you are all hanging in there! xoxo

Louise said...

It really was a special night, kind of forced us all to pause and count our blessings along with a little heartache... Kent is still talking about the infamous "teddy bear suite", I'm still feeling bad about us losing Sierra. Now she and Brenda have something to bond about! No worries everyone, Jackson ate PLENTY on Thanksgiving day!!