Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Better late than never

Sorry I never got around to posting about our Round 4 day 5 Chemo. Maybe because there shouldn't have been a day 5--darn low blood counts on day 1! Sunday at the hospital is even more quiet than Saturday--we finished our Ronald McDonald cleaning assignments by 9am (wish I cleaned my own house like that!) and our Chemo appointment wasn't till 11:00am. But I checked with the nurses and they said come on down. I guess they don't schedule as tight on the weekends because there is less staff, but the nurses said we can get you on the road much faster than 11. By 10 am we were done and gone! The roads that were horrific 5 days ago were just bare and wet on Sunday and we made great time. Jackson said Monday morning that he never appreciated his bed like he did last night! I feel the exact same. If you ever get the chance to buy a sleep number bed---DON'T do it. That's what they had in our room at the RMH and it is a fancy air mattress that slowly deflates on you all night long. It's great to be home, several times this week when I am getting Christmas treats made or delivered, wrapping presents, sending off cards for people who sent us some who never have before(!), I think, how would I have done Chemo this week?? So grateful I didn't have to. Thanks again for all the prayers and service.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray! Sooo glad you made it home to enjoy the break with the kids. Now we just need to get YOU feeling better! Hang in there...we'll be there in 3 days to make life even more crazy, and spread some more germs! (hopefully have a lot of FUN too!) Love you!

Bonnie said...

I feel good just knowing that the two of you are snug and warm in your own home with your family for the holidays! Merry, merry Christmas to all!

Louise said...

I feel good too, having you two home safe and sound (well, mostly sound). Enjoy your beds!!

Brenda said...

I thought sleep number beds are supposed to be the best. Bummer. So happy you were able to 'get er done' last week. Only 2 1/2 days left until I grace you with my presence...how stoked are you?