Friday, December 4, 2009

Blood counts for week 11

The good news brought to us in blood count numbers was welcome today--after last Chemo's blood counts I was shaking in my boots to get the results today. They were low but not critically low--in fact compared to where his counts were at the start of the last Chemo they are improved. Wish we could put our finger on how this all works. Is anything we do making a difference or is it just a roller coaster ride? This is not a rhetorical question---any insight is welcome!
WBC today 3.2 normal range 4.5-11.0
RBC today 3.64 normal range 4.5-5.9
HCT today 30.0 normal range 41.0-53.0
PLT today 190K normal range 150-400
ANC today 1600 normal range 1800-7800
I've noticed that labs at Children's hospital have slightly different ranges than the lab in Moses Lake does--these labs today are from the ML lab.
In other news basketball for Jax is moving right along. He amazes me that he can keep up-school is so hard for him right now and he has added 2.5 hours of basketball practice 3 days a week, and games 2 days a week. I know that in my responsibilities I am falling behind, he is managing better than I am for sure! Maybe my prayers for him not have Chemo brain have somehow transferred the Chemo brain to me instead!

The kids and I travelled to Connell this week for one of Jackson's games, I'm glad we did, his team won in OVERTIME and this was the highest scoring game so far this year. Jr. High basketball is fast paced man, hold on to your seats!!

#32 is my favorite player, not too brag or anything, but isn't he cute!

I know this post is all about Jackson (that seems to happen a lot actually!) but it's been a busy week for the 8th graders of Royal Middle School. Two basketball games, Survivor Friday and the SCIENCE FAIR. Of course this is also the week that Michael is gone to Texas for Irrigation Assoc. meetings, remember the old days (last 4 years) when I went with him---sigh. Anyway, the Science Fair was great and Carter decided he needed to dress up as black spiderman in order to attend this event--makes perfect sense.

Jackson and his partner in crime, science crime that is--Adan. How many pounds of dry ice did they go through---19 pounds of it. Of course you can only purchase it in Moses Lake too. Love the science fair --- being over!

5 comments:

Beverley said...

Way to go Number 32, proud of you! Great job at the science fair and I like the added touch of spiderman. Luv ya tons and miss ya more!

Heidi said...

I'm not really looking forward to all the science fair and other projects that my kids will have to do! I thought I was done with that when I graduated...

Glad the stats are good this time. That is good news.

Brenda said...

I love fairs. They're fun. But science isn't fun, therefore should not be granted a "fair". It doesn't mesh right with me. Anyway, love the look of the blood counts and there's something about a black spidey that grabs a hold of my heartstrings.

Shannon said...

I will mourn with you... no strolls on the riverwalk, lovely weather(okay, I have that here), tex-mex dinners and a long drive into the sticks to worship The Salt Lick.

The science fair looks intriguing but the basketball game sounds much more exciting!

Bonnie said...

Hi Becky, no idea why those counts bounce around even more than a basketball does! I'm just glad you got a good bounce this time.