Thursday, May 20, 2010

Make a Wish Trip Day 1





I have decided to take this amazing trip day by day in my  blog.  We didn't have internet at the Village so I didn't blog at all from Florida, I also borrowed my Mothers' camera and forgot a card reader!  We had an amazing time--a trip we will always remember.  I will admit that Michael and I bickered a bit, but we haven't spent that much time together in 8 months (or ever!) and I had to adjust to someone else making plans and schedules, usually all those decisions are mine and mine alone, oh well we came home holding hands so all is well!
Saturday Jax and I finished up his Chemo treatment and drove to Royal.  There we finished packing "plane" bags and I decided to switch everyones' suitcases (I don't know why Michael gets frustrated with me??!) to different ones.  We drove to Spokane, went to dinner and got everyone spic and span.  We tried to go to  bed early since we had to get up at 3:30 am to get us all to the airport on time.  When Michael and I know we have to be up early we promptly get insomnia--anyone else crazy like that?  So after a fitful night we went to the airport with our Make a Wish buttons on all of us.  It made me teary to see my kids with those buttons on---a reminder of why we get this wonderful gift I guess.  At the airport they gave Jackson a gift and we excitedly boarded the plane in Spokane and flew all the way to.......Seattle!  We had a lay over there and it was long enough to get the kiddos some breakfast.  We were hoping that the early morning and food would help them sleep the five plus hour flight to Orlando, but the plane was still so novel and cool that no one slept.  Zoe did manage a trip to the "cute baby bathrooms" on the plane about every 20 minutes or so, she loved those teeny tiny bathrooms, oh that I were so easily pleased.  We had a couple meet us at the airport with a sign bearing Jackson's name, I cried again.  I forgot to mention that in Seattle we met another make a wish family from Ephrata, the Mom's name was Becky and the Dad's Matt--go figure, Oh and there little girl has the same heart condition Maddie Allred has. It's a small world after all!  We got all 13 of us and our luggage to the rental car place and discovered a toyota camery had been reserved for our family of 7!  So a bit more waiting for us at the airport since no one from Make A Wish in Spokane could be reached on a Sunday afternoon.  We took a shuttle to the Give Kids the World Village and had our first sight of that delightful place.  They met us with gifts for each of the kids and took us in a "giant golf cart" to our Villa and completely won our kids over by those two things.  Our Villa (#182 if you were wondering) was 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and perfect for us.  Presents and treats were on our kitchen table and the fridge had sodas, water, and a chocolate cake for us as a welcome(chocolate cake is actually the perfect way to welcome guests!). We took the family to eat at the Gingerbread House (buffet style dining at the Village---anywhere we ate at the Village was free) and then I stayed with them while  Michael went to Orientation and got all of our park tickets.  I was surprised at how much we did in that first evening at the Village, had dinner, rode the Carousel numerous times, went to the La Ti Da Royal Spa for airbrused tattoo's and the girls got their nails polished. Went on the slide in the Castle of Dreams and had Ice-Cream at the Ice-Cream Parlor. All that in 2 hours.  We had a hard time getting the kids to settle down, but when they finally allowed their heads to hit the pillow they were out.  Day 1 is done, hopefull you will hear all about Day 2 tomorrow....but I have three beautiful nieces staying with me and little league games, and preschool so time will tell!! 
Dinner at the Gingerbread House.  Jackson discovered a love for Pink Lemonade on this trip.

Carter enjoying the Carousel at the Village.

Carter getting his "Cougar" tattoo.  He kept asking if Jesus was o.k. with him getting a tattoo!  I told him Jesus thought tattoos that wash off were o.k. for little kids---glad to know he is listening though!
The slide in the Castle of Dreams building.

The Gingerbread House is a big "restaurant" and the along the ceilings through out are dolls and stufed animals, thousands of them.
Jackson and his mad pig riding skills.

The seats outside the ice-cream parlour are shaped like sundae bowls and the building is designed so cute.
This is Rusty the Knight.  When you open the door to the Castle of Miracles Rusty says, "Welcome to the Castle".  Scared Carter to death, so he opted out of this daredevil photo shoot.

I wrote this blog Wednesday night, had loaded two more photos and the power went out---so this morning you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, cause I ain't got time to work on this one more little bit!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Delightful so far. Keep 'em coming.

Beverley said...

Looks like a great trip so far, can't wait to see more. luv ya.

Shannon said...

I want more!

Heidi said...

Glad you made it home...all together! :) Sounds like fun and it's only been Day 1, can't wait to see what else you did.

Bonnie said...

A girl who knows how to be descriptive and doesn't just leave everything to the camera! Great post, Becky. You really know how to make it come alive.

melanie said...

Carter is so funny! You too actually, I get teary and laugh every single post! Day 1 sounds fabulous and exhausting. Can't wait to hear more.

Mrs. Yawney said...

Hi Becky! It's Becky! Cute pictures. I found your blog from your heart friends blog that I got from Anna P. Anyway, it's great to see your pictures from the Village. Hope you are well!

Miller Family said...

Sounds like a whirlwind vacation...but aren't all vacations whirlwindy?! I am so happy you got to get away and enjoy some fun family time in such a Happy Place! I agree about the tatoos. That's what I tell my boys. Good to see you at little league. I forgot you had been gone so forgive me for not asking how your trip was. See you on Tuesday for more games!