Friday, May 7, 2010

Perks of Cancer

Today while Jackson was being infused with drugs so toxic that the nurses have to gown and double glove to hook it up to the tubing, we got another perk.  Two tickets in a private suite to tonight's Mariner game!  They do this a lot at Children's.  We have been offered tickets to games and plays but never on a night we could go, well tonight we are footloose and fancy free (that little diddy of a saying was for Courtney's sake---she thinks I make these sayings up) and able to accept these great tickets.  We left early and were the first ones in the Suite.  We had all the popcorn and ice-cream we wanted and watched the Mariners get creamed (see the coordination between ice-cream and creamed?? I saw my friends interior design blog to day and have decided to turn over a new leaf and try coordinating things in my life!) 8 to 0.  And of course they had to lose to Uncle Trevors' Angels.  Is there no dignity left for us??  Jackson is still struggling with tummy issues so this was a nice way to distract his mind tonight.  When the man from the Moyer foundation welcomed us after he got to the suite I cried.  What is wrong with me?  I just thought it was so sweet to use the extra tickets for children from the hospital, and it means so much when people do things to make this experience less difficult for Jax.  I am afraid I will be dehydrated after our make a wish trip!
I took these last pictures to show Michael how I would like the lawn mowed this summer, it should look good--right?!

5 comments:

Heather said...

That is so awesome! What a fun way to end the chemo trip :) Sorry about the Mariner's crappy game though. Love you guys xoxoxox

Holly said...

Looks like it was a great night. All you can eat ice cream? I might be in town for Jacksons next treament! Just think...in 24 hrs you will be all the way accross the ENTIRE country! Have a safe, AWESOME, trip! Love you!

melanie said...

Lots of water bottles! I'm so glad that there are such good people in the world and they remember the sweet kids at Children's! Makes me cry every time.

I want my lawn to look like that to. If only!

Good luck with the early morning start. Love you, have fun in FL!!

Heidi said...

That is awesome!!! It's crazy to go into a suite and see the treatment rich people get. Glad you were treated to that and had a good time despite the Mariner's not doing hot AT ALL.

You and your trips to find Coscto and to get to doctor appt's are crazy! I feel for you. You are a good sport.

Have fun in Florida and live it up!

Katie said...

You are so cute! I love your rhymes and sayings and observations. I TOTALLY want my lawn mowed like that, too. That looks so awesome. At this point I would probably just settle for it being mowed.