Friday, May 21, 2010

Make A Wish Trip Day 3



Day Three dawned bright, as the Florida Sun gleamed off our shiny blistered feet.  Some of the kids had never experienced the exquisite pain that too much partying on your feet brings, so when they saw they had blisters they were quite alarmed by their painful presence.  I however, outsmarted my blisters (not really but it gave me some small amount of relief) and switched from my supportive tennis shoes to my usual $9.00 Wal*Mart pair and got along much better, blisters and all.  This was a Magic Kingdom and Epcot Day, we would not be deterred by silly blisters--onward men!  Valuable lesson for those of you going to balmy Florida in the future---we discovered (through a personally funded research grant) when you get too overheated you don't need to spend $70.00 on cheeseburgers for seven people.  You just need to spend $70.00 on frozen lemonades and churros because that's all they wanted (of course that was decided after everyone had 3 bites of burger).  We rode splash mountain several times, everyone was a fan.  Then Michael and I convinced everyone to go in the Haunted Mansion; and since they were nervous about it the ride it just had to be stopped about 3 different times for a few minutes each time, they felt that was cruelly spooky!  They all loved Thunder Mountain railroad, and were freaked out by Pirates of the Caribbean until they rode it and then saw it was nothing to be afraid of --- so it was rode again. If you know Sierra at all you know that since age 3 she has had Pirate themed birthday parties,but she was almost crying she was so nervous.  I was glad she realized it wasn't scary and was able to relax and enjoy it the second time.  I was constantly surprised about what rides made the kids nervous, not the roller coasters or thrill rides but always the ones that were too realistic or surprised them in any way.   On a different note, Michael and I were impressed by their ability to usually walk right through the gift shops (Carter excluded) that are strategically placed at the end of each ride---they did so good.  Everyone got a souvenir this trip we just wanted them to see all of the parks before deciding what they wanted , you know to avoid buyers remorse (Think gold Saturn Minivan!).
Carter and Sierra about to fly away on Aladdin's magic carpet ride.
Showing their "I'm soooo scared faces" before the Haunted Mansion ride, they think I'm a dork but they also know I'm persistent so they humor me!
Sierra, our Pirate, outside of Disney's Pirates, our pirate is much cuter!
It's a Small World after all....., when we got off Carter wanted to know "what's that ride all about anyway"?
Jax, Zoe, and Sammi on Aladdin.
We tried, really we did, to save kids from the blistering boredom that is the Riverboat ride.  But when they saw this huge Riverboat they just knew it had to be awesome.  It's not, no shade, no fun, and no speed to create a breeze.  Maybe now they'll listen to us---ha even I don't believe that!

Ever wonder what happens to overheated, over hungry Cougars on a Riverboat?  Now you know, be warned!
Don't you feel sorry for Carter?  He wasn't tall enough to go on the Mission to Mars thrill ride at Epcot. The very ride that made Sierra and Michael sick. His Mom felt so sorry for giving him her short gene's, that she tried to make up for it with frozen strawberry lemonade.  I think he dealt with the disappointment well. 

3 comments:

Beverley said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun, great pics and stories. luv ya.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Day 3 and I'm tired. Good thing I'm just enjoying all the fun from my bed!!! Becky I'm worried each post gets a little later at night........ When do you sleep?
Loved this chapter.

Bonnie said...

I may never have to travel again,
Becky. You can do it for me, and then write about it! Such a time and money saver!