Thursday, May 20, 2010

Make a Wish Trip Day 2

Day two started with a Photo Op with Mickey and Minnie, I think all Mondays should start that way, it's nice I think.  Plus, those two are by far our favorite Mice---ever.  Then after meeting the two superstars of Disney that Monday had Michael working on the rental car situation until 11in the morning.  The kids and I spent the morning at the Village.  So after breakfast in the Gingerbread house we wandered over to a building that just looked fun!  The looks weren't deceiving  There was a ginormous model train city and the kids could turn sections on and off. Video games,  the good ones like Pac Man Arcade (p.s. hint to Michael when preschool ends this month buy me an Arcade Pac Man game ---I think it will fill the hole in the basement nicely hint hint honey) and six remote control boats.  You run the big toy boats from inside the building and watch as the Noftle's speedily get all six boats stuck.  Good thing we don't make a living driving remote control boats.  They also had a fun mini-golf course there that the kids liked (well except for the scary cave part!).  When Michael got our mini-van he picked us up and we drove to Disney's Animal Kingdom.  The jeep safari-- amazing, the Lion King Music-- Incredible, the river ride fun, the rest just so so.  We stayed there till 5ish then went over to the Magic Kingdom.  I love the Magic Kingdom, I know it's childish but I just don't care.  I hope someday they decide to let one lucky family live in Cinderella's Castle and it will be us----Bliss!!  The Buzz Lightyear ride saw plenty of us, we loved trying to beat our previous scores with the blaster guns, and we (mostly me---I would love to do that ride with my sister Heather in fact, blood bath!)are quite competitive.  We made it through all the rides in tomorrow land thanks to our Jackson and his VIP badge, no waiting in lines for cute boys like him.  His family benefited greatly from that. Several times (thank heavens for sunglasses) the sweet treatment the Disney Cast Members gave Jax moved me to tears.  Jackson said Disney makes even Cancer fun!  I wouldn't go that far but they sure are kind to Make a Wish Families.  We stayed until park closed at 10pm.  We rode the ferry back to the parking lot and Carter entertained hundreds with his lightsaber dance, it really is quite a show, you should catch it if you ever get the chance.  We ordered pizza at the Villa and then gave everyone a quick shower (Florida makes you sweat ughhh!).  We were all tucked into bed by midnight with the alarm set for 6:45am, and I am beginning to realize that this vacation has killer hours!
Carter was being grumpy at the end of the marathon Day 2, and Jackson is jokingly keeping him company--but Carter is authentically grumpy!
It's a Bug's Life gave you coolio 4-D glasses.  My crazy kids would ride the biggest roller coasters and thrill rides at every park, but were scared of the 4-D shows.  Weird!
Some girl chat with Pocahontas, ya know just chillin with their home girl.

Here we are at the Village with our favorite mice.  (I got to hold Mickey's arm!  But Sammi  got a kiss from him--Luckyyyyy)
The Lightsaber EXTRAVAGANZA!!!
Carter and Zoe brushing a sheep(?) at Disney Animal Kingdom.
Zoe and Jackson ready for another "shot" at it---did I mention we liked the Buzz Lightyear ride?





Daddy and Sierra ready to take on Zurg.
Waiting for the Lion King show to start.
Carter getting ready for another buzz lightyear ride.
Jax and Carter with that Character (?) from Lion King.

4 comments:

melanie said...

Loved Day 2! I would've needed sunglasses too. I love how well they treat Wish Kids! I also want to see Carter's dance moves!

That's Rafiki. I've seen that movie more times than one can count.

Brenda said...

Your Buzz ride is different than our Buzz ride. Your Buzz ride looks a little cooler. The pic of you all on stage with the rodents (ahem, "mice") made me tear. You deserve your little spotlight moment.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Day 2 looks as fun as day 1. Can't wait for day 3.

Katie said...

Great pictures and travelogue. It looks like you had an amazing time! That is a very cool lightsaber Carter got.