Thursday, August 26, 2010

The final farewell to summer vacation---AND The first day of school 2010 style

If my blog is like a book, today's book will read like an illustrated children's stories.  Heavy on pictures, light on text.  And Brenda I don't know why some pictures are lit right and some are not, they were all taken within seconds of each other from the same spot.  Maybe teenagers have a natural darkness about them---ohh I'm spooking myself out now!




The day before school started there was one last "pond day".  Lunch and swimming with friends was on the schedule for this soiree.  This is a picture of  Gracee, Zoe, and McKayla---now SECOND graders.  I remember when all these babies were born.

The kiddos had some game going, I never quite caught on to it--sometimes you sit on the pipe, sometimes you jump in, sometimes your thrown in.  Oh well, as long as they understand.
When we got home from the pond party it was showers and pre-first-day-of-school-spa-day.  Zoe obviously NEEDED this firming mask, especially on her lips!
And I think Sierra was getting her hair done did while Zoe firmed her 7 year old wrinkles.
Then it was time for the back to school dinner.  We used to just have a special dinner then Michael would give the kids blessings.  But I got an idea from another blog last year of having a family theme for the school year--something to focus and work on.  Last years was "We can do hard things".  I think we did too! I know Heaven helped us, usually through many of you.  Now looking back makes me realize what strength and depth my children have.  I'm a lucky Momma.  
Bless you Dollar Store.
Can you guess this years theme?  I'm not telling!
Do me a favor, next time you see Jackson, or Sammi, or Sierra, or Zoe, or Carter ask them what their family theme is this school year!
Babies first.  (He can't read -- next year I probably won't be able to put baby safely by his name!)  This sad looking little Carter was up at 6:30 am grabbing my face asking how many more Spongebob's till Kindergarten starts.  I sure hope Mrs. Mueller teaches him to tell time---and not by T.V. shows--- real time.
Now for the baby girl (I'm safe she likes to be called baby girl).  Zoe is beginning second grade today.  She even let me curl her hair, I hope Red Rock enjoyed it while they had it.
When I grow up I want to have the style Sierra has always had.  She is starting fourth grade today.  A few more weeks and this chicky will be 10!
Ummm Sammi has a certain "style" about herself today too.  Top of the Totem pole this year--Eighth grade.  Wish the lighting was better she is giving you all quite the look.
His Royal Highschoolness, Jackson.  All hail the freshman.
Looking like nice normal Noftle's--in the shadows of course, I might want/need photography lessons for Christmas.
More children in the dusk.  I just added this one to make Brenda sigh/cry--hey don't judge me, she was all braggy about being at Disneyland today.  People stuck in real life, taking poor quality pictures of their kids, need some revenge.
I thought it was cute how Carter's backpack took up a large percentage of his body! I am easily amused.
Our neighbor/Sammisitter Bailey and Sammi--these two didn't spend very many days this summer apart.
The always popular Red Rock sign photo op. 
Carter and his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Mueller.  This smile showed up several times today--is this his "schoolboy look"?
Zoe and the wonderful Mrs. Vermeer.  Can't wait to see if  they are both smiling nine months from now!
Sierra and Miss. Hill. We are experimenting with nepotism this year.  Miss. Hill is Grandpa Kents' cousins daughter---I'm not sure Sierra knows that though.  Hope there isn't a family tree test soon.
Another popular photo op for the Noftle children--Grandma's desk.  That cool schoolboy smile on Carter again.
Kindergarten orientation.  Or, mini MTC, as Michael calls it.   Cool smile still there?? Check.
After we parents were "oriented" we got to sneak into the Kindergarten classrooms to see they hadn't corrupted the offspring yet.  Carter was cracking up at the book, "Don't eat the teacher".  Words to live by--you see he is learning life skills already.
Let's end the day with some cutie wooties--Sierra and Abigail,  and don't miss their flower headbands!

Everyone came home happy and excited.  Mr. Kindergarten himself,  Carter, is spending the night at Matt and Courtneys', the girls with Mom, and Michael and I are heading to Seattle with Mr. High school--tomorrow's big soiree is Jackson's port removal surgery, one party after another around here!

5 comments:

Krista said...

That is one Good Looking Family there. Everyone looks fabulous & I love all the fashion:) So happy for Jax! What a great day! Give him a big hug for us!

Bonnie said...

Come on, give it up. What's this year's family theme?

Have a happy school year, to all Noftles everywhere!

Holly said...

Wow! Everyone looks great! I can't believe the day has finally arrived that all 5 of your kids are in school! Enjoy your new found freedom. Grocery shopping alone is pure heaven! Have fun!:0) I was soo excited to hear Jax's surgery went well. Must be the high school toughness in him! Love you all!

Louise said...

I totally enjoyed the pictures, even if they weren't up to Brenda's standards- could be the subjects were dang cute!

Brenda said...

Lesson one. When taking pictures outside, have the subjects face NORTH to ensure the good lighting on their precious little faces. Happy "no more kids at home during the school year" Day. I think that inspired your "Attitude of Gratitude" theme. You have to be one grateful mama!