Wednesday, April 7, 2010

8th grade History Day & Chemo round 8

Here we are starting round 8 of Chemo. It's been 2 weeks since I blogged last. In my defense it was spring break and I started a couple of home improvement projects. I have discovered I can clean out cupboards, paint trim and baseboards, and install them, and take the kids to the mall and movies, and clean for company, and cook. However; I can't do all that and blog too! Jackson's blood counts March 31st were low, ANC 400, which I thought might be good since we had time before Chemo for them to come up. Then yesterday his results came back with his ANC at 600. He has to be 750 to have chemo. So the fasting and prayers began and today we were relived that his ANC was 926 and Chemo was not delayed, PHEW. Michael's parents and youngest sibling, Mindy are in Royal this week since it is their spring break and it's been so nice to have them. I think I could keep a clean house with another grown woman working alongside me everyday!! Thanks for all the prayers, they really work.
Jackson and BrittanyJo Hebdon had their History day presentation the last of March, they did great. I loved walking around seeing all of the kids "come to life" and teach us about their Washington notable. Jackson made a great Apolo Ohno, and never broke character that I saw!

Jackson, I mean Apolo in his stance waiting to come to life for his presentation.



Here is a close up of Apolo Ohno, notice his cutie little beard!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Looks kind of like the wax museum I have been posting about every year! I love it! Jackson makes a great speed skater! Sooo glad counts are up and chemo is on! Have a good trip(s) to Seattle this week! Love you guys!

Brenda said...

Well done on the blue spandex. You never looked better Jax. Have fun in Seattle...we're still praying for you;)

Worsham Family said...

I thought Jackson was the best wax figure there (don't tell Hailey)! Great job and I hope things go well this week.

Miller Family said...

My boys could not stop talking about the history fair. They loved it. I wish I would have seen it! We have amazing kids in our community. Good job Apolo! Thinking of you this week in Chemo.

Louise said...

I have heard so many good reports about the History Fair. Sounds like it was a great success. Congrats Jackson and Brittany Jo on all your work and preparation! So sad I missed it..

Surely this will be the last month of dealing with icy, snowy roads on the pass, right??? Hello, Spring is officially here!!!