Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chemo round 8 day 2

I have some pictures to post from today and last night, but it would include walking downstairs, and I just walked upstairs sooooo maybe later! Yes and the stairs indicate we are home, but not for long. We did Chemo at 8am this morning and were out of the hospital and on the road by 9am. A loooong 4 hours later we were home. Why so long, you might ask?? Because of a BLIZZARD in April I would answer. Snow in April is like taking a bite of a brownie only to find out it was made with creamed spinach or sweet potatoe or something other deceptively deceptive (and ther was no typo I didn't mean to put delicious, I meant deceptive!). We crawled over the mountain at 10 miles an hour, and were happy to do so because we were grateful we weren't the ones off the road stuck, or in the many fender benders we saw. Surely in May there will be no more bad pass conditions--right? We drove home because Jackson really wanted to play in his baseball game tonight, 1. because his Grandparents from Utah are here and they don't get to see any games of his---and 2. Because his team needs him, they only have like 9 players or so. We were home about an hour when we got the news his game was cancelled because of the 40 mph winds! Jax was disappointed, and I was too, I mean what Mother doesn't love to sit in 40 mph winds and watch their sick, fatigued son play ball while exposing her four other children to extreme weather?? But we played games with Aunt Mindy got to see all the kids and be HOME so even if the roads are bad again tomorrow I'm glad we did it. A couple of nurses expressed their delight that Jackson's counts went up so much in LESS than 24 hours, I gave all the credit to all of you---best prayers ever. Thank you so much for them yesterday, today, and always.
In other news, Sierra lost a tooth at school, and has fallen asleep twice at school this week---she may be partying a bit too much with our Utah relatives, I will admit they are fun people! Zoe is making up her own language, it's cool I like it. Don't know what she is saying but it sounds like a winner lingo and I think she should try to get it to catch on. Carter has his wii games back and all is good in his world---ohhh except for an infected toe, but it hasn't stopped him from bouncing around like Tigger so no worries. Samantha is loving having Aunt Mindy here, Aunt Mindy is 16 now and can drive so she is uber awesome. I hate it when kids start driving and I can remember exactly where I was when I heard they were born, makes me feel old. Some would say I am old, but those people are just plain mean. Michael is designing away, sometimes he can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and sometimes he wakes up at night sure he is about to be run over by a speeding locamotive! I on the other hand am trying not to remember that I have to talk in Church on Sunday and do sharing time, if I remember it I start to panic, so I think I'll just think about that tomorrow---very Scarlettesque of me.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

No thanks on the blizzard or spinach brownie.

Don't party too hard this weekend! Do you want me to call your Bishop and tell him you are too busy to speak. Sharing time and speaking in Sacrament mtg. on the same day must be breaking some sort of rule! (you'll do great though! Wish I could be there to witness your awesomeness!!)

Shannon said...

Spinach Brownie Blizzard. Call Dairy Queen now!

the Jenks said...

Speaking on Sunday? I'd offer to write your talk for you but you know you'd get boo'ed out of Sacrament mtg! So glad to hear you got your baseboards done! Can't wait to see them! Go Becky Go! I just realized that I haven't spoken to you personally in almost 2 weeks! Why is that? You'd think that having kids the same ages and living a few hundred yards from each other would mean BFF but we never seem to cross paths. I'm going to call you, when can you pencil me in?

Katie said...

So glad you made it home...us too, just 4 hours later as well! Whew, don't enjoy pass blizzards in April! Thanks again for the offer of the room...we really needed to get home, Maddie is wearing a monitor for 24 hours and it's best that her doc sees her normal activity with it hooked on. Also we have an upcoming cath. Life. Anyway, sorry Cade missed preschool (Bryan's job to get him there and he was late) and praying for you guys on your journey back this afternoon!!! Hope Jax is feeling ok this round.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Sorry, but I've got the air-conditioning on! Please keep the snow in WA. Glad you're home safe. I hope you're posting those pictures! So happy we connected while I was in WA. It was a crazy week for sure but the company was all worth it. :o)