Friday, April 9, 2010

Chemo round 8 day 3 & day 4

This time Grandma Beve came with us to Chemo. She got to see the cute picture when Jackson was four on the bulletin board. She also got to see how tough Jackson is and how good the nurses and Doctors are with the kiddos at Seattle Children's. As you can see from this picture she also got to see Jackson not comb his hair!

For dinner that night we went to the Crab Pot on the Pier, we didn't have a great view of the water but we did have a great view of a big ship next to us really moving with the waves, we were glad to be in a warm restaurant. Jax loved having a mallet to smash his dinner with. None of us loved have the shrimp heads on--their eyes made us feel guilty!

She also got to drive home with us in a blizzard---not a highlight---snow in April should be illegal.

I complained about the snow enough on Thursday that my Dad drove to Wenatchee put new tires on his Tahoe and Michael drove Jax and I back on Friday---the roads were completely bare and dry---roads in Seattle are never dry. Like Michael said he couldn't even find a puddle to drive through, figures. It was fun to have Michael come though, and his favorite little chemo patient from when he went with Jax in January was there in the room next to us. This poor little girl HATES to have her port accessed. Just like Jackson did when he was four, in fact it made me cry just hearing her scream and beg, reminded me too much of when Jax used to do the same thing. But Michael loves her clarity and persistence, she yells, "I hate needles, I hate chemo, I hate band aids, I hate screaming, I hate crying, I hate EVERYTHING"! Then she cries to go home, and when they finish and get her done she doesn't want to leave, she wants to finish her cartoon, and get lunch at the hospital and pick out a movie at the hospital, the poor Mom looks like she has run a marathon.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

You should have come to California like the rest of your sisters. There's no snow here. Speaking of sisters, when are we all going away together? I think it's time don't you? So glad the counts came up and the Chemo boy is home again. Love you.

Jen and Brandon said...

Glad you found us! Ah the Crab Pot, we ate there when we lived there and to this day I have a hard time eating shrimp. Pulling off the head and legs was more than I can handle. It's kind of like killing your own cow, it's much easier to eat the hamburger if you don't know where it came from.

Heidi said...

Glad you are home safe. That is nice of your Dad to get new tires put on his Tahoe...but then you didn't even need it with bare roads and all! Typical. But yes, this weather has been crazy and I think it should be illegal too. :) That story of the little girl breaks my heart...so sad these kids have to go through this stuff.

Bonnie said...

Hi Becky, I'm glad another chemo round is behind you. Still following along, just being a little quieter lately. Love to all, Bonnie