Thursday, April 29, 2010

High School Registration for .... (gulp) Jackson

I feel so old, I have a child (you remember Jackson the one who was an infant yesterday) going to HIGH SCHOOL in the fall.  HIGH SCHOOL, surely it will be better than I think, right?  You all remember how I felt about Middle School, I had nightmares that he would come home from the first day of sixth grade with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.  But he didn't , he is still a sweet innocent boy.  But HIGH SCHOOL, how can any teenager safely navigate High School with their innocence intact?  High School also means just four years left with this boy in my home.  I feel like I am facing a ticking time bomb, and boy howdy time is 'awasting.  I need to go wake him up right now, teach him everything he needs to know about the gospel, then how to do laundry (without a red crayon going through a load---ruined probably $200.00 worth of clothes in that load, this week--I overload the washer it's a sin) and teach him how to balance a check book, (actually with the laundry and check book stuff we might need guest instructors)  I need to teach him about cleaning, cooking, shopping, social skills, girls, roommate's, scheduling, insurance, his medical history, driving, and whatever else I haven't taught him.  Yikes, I might really need to wake him up.  Then lets talk about his health, his future, his abilities, his prognosis---Nope let's not.

4 comments:

Beverley said...

Jax is a wonderful boy he will choose the right and figure everything out. There is lots of time for all that teaching just enjoy that sweet young man that you brought up in the gospel and with good values, I love him so much and sorry he is sick today. luv ya Beve

Brenda said...

What the hell?

melanie said...

He can't be ready for high school! Wasn't he just a cute little blond boy that cried for hours just a few months ago? :)

Not that you'd ask but I'm pretty sure I can't fill in as a guest speaker for anything!!

Miller Family said...

Oh man! So your oldest will go to High School and your youngest to Kinder? I am sending you BIG hugs...HUGE hugs and lots of prayers! I was emotional when Colin went to Kinder and I am finally getting over it now that he is almost ready to go to first grade. Jackson will be great in HS and you still have plenty of time to continue to teach him about the world.