Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Make A Wish Send Off Party


Sammi and Sierra, you can kind of see Tara and Lori in the background.

We got lucky and Uncle Brian was still in Royal long enough for the party. Here he is with Grandpa Kent and Tanner Christensen.

These two have been best friends since before they could walk. I remember visiting Mom and Dad going to church in Royal some weekends and Tanner and Jackson would crawl to each other in the foyers! In fact we tried to claim Tanner as a son but Make a Wish said he has to live with us FULL time not just part time!
We haven't said a lot about our Make A Wish Party, for 1 we don't want to sound like braggers, for 2 we feel like if we could trade we would one million times rather have Jackson healthy again (one hundred kazillion times), and 3 like my friend Heather said it is overwhelming to be the recipient of such a generous gift. But we are grateful and so excited. In fact Sierra said to Michael, "Dad I'm so excited for our trip that I'm afraid I will explode!". Our Make a Wish coordinators, Tara and Lori are wonderful. They are best friends, and both so kind. They sacrifice rare free time to do this for US. Love those Ladies. The longer this chemo goes on the more tired of it and the harder it gets, so the timing is PERFECT. We are going to Orlando, Florida and we will stay at Give Kids the World Village which is a vacation in itself. Check it out at http://www.gkwv.org. We get 3 day passes to all four Disney parks in Orlando, a 1 day pass to Sea World, and a 2 day pass to Universal studios. Can't wait, the getting there will be crazy because Jax has chemo May 5th thru the 8th and we will leave Seattle drive to Royal grab the rest of the Family drive to Spokane check into a hotel for the night and be at the airport by 4:30am the 9th!! YIKES. But I bet we won't complain AT ALL!!! So excited,so excited,so excited. I will post some pictures my Mom took but the ones I took are on Mom and Dad's "old fancy" digital camera, that they kind of forgot they had when they bought the "new fancy" digital camera. But when Sammi took the digital "card" out of it it's the size of a deck of cards (not quite --- I exaggerate for dramatic effect) and in no way will fit in my Modern day laptop, perhaps Dad can solve this new age techy problem.

13 comments:

Shannon said...

How fun!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

Granny DeeAnn said...

I think you need Aunt Dee Ann to start to video this vacation starting May 4th...... Sounds like you are going to need roller skates Becky! You guys will build the best memory yet for your family! Have fun!!!! Laugh your way to and from Florida! ::oo))

Brenda said...

No one deserves it more! Love you all!

Katie said...

I'm so excited for you!!! What a fun trip to look forward to and the place you're staying is SOOO awesome! I've seen many heart families stay there (through my blog stalking) and it's been spoken of very highly! You guys are going to have a blast :)

Katie said...

Becky, I am so happy to check out your blog. Each Christmas my kids look forward to Santa's arrival and I look forward to your letter. Now I get to read your creative, awesome, sense of humor all year round! It looks like you have got a fantastic trip ahead of you. I hope you guys have a blast.

Krista said...

Becky~ I am so excited for you guys! You've been through so much already and you need something fun to look forward to! Just for the record...it doesn't sound like bragging, in fact nobody deserves it more! Even if Jax was healthy right now you all would still deserve it because you give so selflessly to so many:) Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Holly said...

Words can't express how stinking EXCITED we are for you guys! You'd think I was actually going on this trip! You are going to have a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear ALL about it! Love you guys! :0)

Miller Family said...

Yay, Noftle Family! We are so excited for your adventure and I agree with Krista, you guys deserve a fabulous trip. We will pray that Jackson will feel great during your trip and enjoy himself thoroughly!

Beverley said...

I am so happy for your sweet family you all deserve this so much, I too wish it were under different reasons but enjoy. Happy Anniversary to you and Michael too.

melanie said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I know it's not the circumstance you would choose, even for a second but you've blessed me with your faith and example. I mean it!

My best friend from high school (she has a daughter suffering with cancer) is at that exact village right now!! It looks so dang nice, even the sweet mini van they get to drive around. Just think, no GT for the week.

How does anyone forget about and 'old fancy' camera? Love your parents.

Love you all so, so much!

Jason Stewart Family said...

Yah!! Noftles!!! How fun...you HAVE A GREAT TIME JACKSON!

Heather said...

Wish I could climb in the suitcase with you! Have an awesome time- you deserve it :)

Brooke said...

YAY!! You will have have a blast! We sure love and miss you guys! xoxo