Monday, April 23, 2012

19 Years of Marital Bliss--(mostly)

April 22nd, 2012 was our 19th wedding anniversary---19 years.  We now have been married more years than we lived at home with our parents.  Weird.  Not to mention we are OLD.
Here are 19 facts about the Michael and Becky Marriage:
1.  When we got married April 22nd was just our wedding day--not "Earth Day"  we are actually quite annoyed that "Earth Day" is on OUR anniversary, they should have gotten their own day and left ours alone.
2.  Our first house was over 100 years old, and has since been demolished.  I want the old front door which is just laying in the lot--Michael does not.
3.  We have moved 10 times in 19 years, but we need to either move again soon, or hire someone to clean out the closets around here, I feel at this point in my life I am too sophisticated for such menial labor!!
4.  We both see no need for pets, consequently we have owned 20 through the years---not including the various fish.
5.  We have had 15 different vehicles and have only totaled 1 poor little mini-van on Michael's 30th birthday--with 3 month old Sierra along for the wild ride, on the same day my Dad had surgery and,  my sister Holly had an emergency c-section and Tyson Wade was born.
6.   When we got married we had 6 Grandparents between us.  Nineteen years later we have 1 left standing.
7.  We have 2 sons, currently one is in Chemo for the 3rd time and one has a broken arm---boys!!
8.  We have 3 daughters, and they make me think of that sesame street song, "one of these things is not like the other, 1 of these things just doesn't belong (except she does---we couldn't make it without her).....if you know my family you will understand which 2 things are exactly like the other!
9.  We haven't counted the hours spent coaching our children but between us it has been 13 years and at the very least, 34 teams.
10.  We have gone through 6 washing machines, but I would like to point out that the first 5 were used, and not gently used, but USED.
11.  We have 20 current siblings and sibling-in-laws and on this Friday we get #21 --- and then in July #22!  (Michael can almost name them all too)
12.  We have 13 nephews, they are soooo crazy.
13.  We have 11 nieces, they are soooo cute, and soooo crazy!
14.  We come from parents who between them have been married 84 years--impressive.  Thanks for the good example folks.
15.  We are both the oldest, and occasionally get frustrated at the other one for not letting us boss him/her around.
16.  We have had, between us, about 22 church callings through the years.
17.  We have raised nearly $30,000.00 dollars for research into Jackson rare, life altering, disease. 
18.  We have never bought anything that was seen on T.V. from the T.V. I admit to one vegetable chopper bought at an "as seen on T.V." store in the mall.  I can not recommend that chopper.
19.  We have never had enough sleep in 19 years---and we have never been more in love with each other.

*Now get ready for some good old fashioned 1993 photographs.....This may not be an informative blog but I'm always good for a laugh if nothing else......
Early in the dating process.....
Newly engaged a whopping 4 1/2 months later.
And here we are almost 8 months to the day after we met---do you love the sponge painted back drop, spared no expense!!
Proof I have been in the Noftle Family longer than Mindy--she is in her Mamma's belly in this picture, and on Friday she gets married.  Time flies my friends, time flies.
Mom made the girls bridesmaid dresses (Holly and Heather got into quite the fight at JoAnns fabrics picking the fabric and pattern---I walked around the store acting like I didn't know them), Matt was soooo excited to have a brother.  Now I am concerned because he has aged quite a bit since my wedding. :)
Miss these two so much--Grandpa and Grandma Bishop.
Miss you too Grandpa Andersen.
Michael with Zachary and David Andersen and Derek, Tyson and Austin Allred.
Me with Erin, Ashlee, Andrea, Kara, and Shaina Allred, and Nikki and Whitney Andersen.
Look, no dishpan hands----yet.
Newlyweds in our first home, the only fridge I have ever been able to see the top of.


19 years

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute post. You make me laugh! Happy Anniversary!

melanie said...

Only occasionally you want to be the boss?? Impressed with that, we are both first born children here too.

Happy Anniversary! I love you and your ability to crack me up and make me teary eyed all in the same post!

Maria said...

I remember your reception so well. But that doesn't make me old...what was I saying? Oh, ya,
Congratulations! I love how you see the humor in life and are able to express it so well.
Get the door!! You could make it into a cool table or just have it take up space in your garage:)

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love your post Becky. What fun memories. You were so young. Well matter of fact the way I see it you will always be young. Happy Anniversary! Love, AD

Louise said...

Love the pictures, fun trip down memory lane! Congratulations, love you both

Brenda said...

LOVE! Great post! I must remind you that we needed a brooch for those hideous bridesmade dresses and the only thing the twins could agree on were a pair of earings. So we each had on earing stuck in the center of that off-shoulder beauty.
And go get that door!!!! You are in Utah right now!!! Think of all the photography gems we could have with that thing!

Shannon said...

I love all the photos of you guys as a young couple - but I especially love the last one of you now!